Coming Close Or Drifting Away?

KARTIK'S POV:

I halted the car outside "XYZ National Institute of Law

Early this morning, l had insisted to drop and pick her up after the workshop saying my office was just a few Kms away from the Institution.

Naira reluctantly agreed on finding no point in refusing me as I decided on being stubborn.

"umm.. Thanks"  She hopped out of the car grabbing her black coat and hand bag.

" meet you in the evening..." I said.

There was an awkward silence.

" yeah, ok.... Byee...."

" umm.... Yep.. Bye..."

Stupid kartik! What were you expecting? She would give you a kiss before going.

At least a hug!

Forget it!

I saw her walking towards the main gate, sighing I fastened the seat belt to leave from there when my eyes fell on her file. She must have forgotten it. I came out of the car and yelled her name.

"Nairaaaa......your file" I pointed at the file.

" oh thanks kartik.... I forgot! " she rushed back to me.

" no problem, Its getting late... You go" I gave her the file.

"um yea.... See you" she turned to leave.

As I was about to get into the car, I felt her patting my shoulder.

" umm... Kartik.... thank you!" she said with a genuine smile.

" For what?" I asked a bit confused.

" thanks kal keliye.... Woh... I wanted to thank you yesterday itself... Par moka nai mila....thanks...." she replied.

I don't like it when she becomes formal with me!

" that's fine..there is no need to thank me! We... "

I was cut short in between as Naira hugged me. Her hands wrapped around my waist as she rested her head on  chest.

I was taken aback for a moment by the Unexpected hug but soon reciprocated the hug, inhaling her fragrance and stroking her hair gently. She broke the hug, gave a soft smile and walked up to the college. A satisfactory smile crept on my face.

It feels so good!

---------------------------------------

It was around 5pm in the evening and I was waiting for her.
She looked pissed off, Did she have a bad day or something? Should I ask her?

She sat in and I offered her a bottle of water. Her silence and frowns showed something was wrong. She looked weary. I started the car engine and the drive began.

I was constantly stealing glances of her. She was all the more silent and frustrated. I diverted from the path that leads to our apartment and drove to the lake view point nearby.

Tangled Strings Of Love  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें