💞Wedding Bells For Kaira💞

It was around 9 in the night and kartik didn't come home yet. Naira was worried for him as she kept continuously looking at the door, awaiting his arrival.

She had been waiting for the past 2 hours like this, calling him repeatedly but he didn't pick up.

" jaldi aao na kartik... Sirf ek bar sunno meri baat..."

After an hour,

Kartik came home to see naira sleeping in the table, resting her head on her hands. She dozed waiting for him. He went near her and saw tear stains on her face. He gently stroked her hair, Instantly She opened her eyes and stood as soon as she felt his touch.

"kartik... Tum theek ho na...I was worried... Where were you?"

"mein theek hun... I am tired... I will go change..." She held his wrist as he walked away.

" naraaz ho mujhse... Pls kuch tho bolo kartik?!"

Kartik's pov:-

Tears rolled down her face and It felt terrible. She is thinking I am angry at her... Damn! How could I be mad at the one who did so much for me, the one who I loved with all my heart... But somewhere I was responsible for all this...
I reacted like a duffer in the morning... I was hurt by the fact that she kept shubham's truth a secret, but her intentions were never wrong... She did this because shubham didn't want neither me nor my family to know!

I walked out of cafe this morning, not because I was mad at her, but instead mad at me for failing as a brother.

I didn't know how to react when the truth hit me hard. One part of me was happy, literally out of the world, on meeting my brother whom I thought I had lost forever. But the other was guilty and helpless, hearing his suffering made my heart heavy. It was a mix of happiness and unknown pain.

I feel on my knees, clutching naira's hand. She cupped my face worried...

"kartik.... Kya hua... Look at me..."

" I failed naira... Neither was I there for you, nor for my brother... He had to suffer so much and I didn't even know...
Thank you naira.... Thank you so much... Agar tum nai hoti tho, I couldn't have seen my brother today... I... Don't know how to thank you... " my voice cracked between my sobs.

" shh... Bas kartik... Had you known about him, you would have been with him... I am sorry for hiding the truth, I had no other choice... Maaf kardo mujhe... I thought you were angry at me! "

" how can I be angry with you... Meri jaan!" She smiled between her tears...

" he needs you kartik...He missed you everyday... He needs his brother... You did not fail... You are an amazing brother.... And the best boyfriend one can ever get... "Naira kissed my forehead.

Tangled Strings Of Love  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें