Lies And Concern

" kartik we must tell naira beta, she must be worried...." swarna spoke sitting beside kartik caressing his head.

" No maa... I am perfectly fine... It's just a matter of  few days. I just don't want her to see me like this, she will get unnecessarily worried." kartik pointed at the white bandage that covered his wounded forehead.

Scars and scratches covered his left elbow and it was evident that he had survived an accident. Earlier that day, during the morning hours after dropping naira at her parent's place he went to xyz place for a meeting. Shubham and manish were already present there with the clients.

Kartik who noticed Naira was unusually restless thought of being by her side. So he planned to go to Singhania sadan way too earlier and lucky even the meeting ended up quickly. He was on his way back  along with shubham when he stopped at a flower shop to buy orchids for his Lady love.

But then as he was crossing the road, he jumped in to save a kid who was crossing the road oblivious to a speeding car. It happened so sudden that he jumped in without a second thought. Though he managed to save the kid, he landed on the ground wounded and unconscious.

Shubham was hell scared and anxious, but acted quickly and got his brother to the hospital as early as possible. Luckily he didn't suffer any major injuries except for a fractured hand and a deep cut in his forehead.

"papa... You didn't tell naira right?" Manish sighed.

"only because of you being so adamant  not to inform her, I didn't... But I still am not convinced beta... I really feel she should know... You need her, don't you? don't even try lying to me..."  his fatherly tone became strict.

" pls papa... I know her well... She is already tensed because of those stupid dreams, now hearing this she will panic unnecessarily! at any cost I don't want her to know and it's final! " manish and swarna exchanged glances of worry.

He was afraid about how she will react after knowing about his accident or seeing him in bandages! no matter how desperately he needed her, he can't put her in any kind of stress that would harm her or their babies in her womb.

" So you are gonna lie to her? Don't you think this is wrong" Swarna raised her brows.

" I had asked Amar to inform Naira that I had to go to US for an urgent meeting and will be returning in 2 weeks. Until then she will stay at her parent's place! Within 10 days or so I will get rid of these bandages. It looks awful!" he scrunched his face in disgust causing his parents to chuckled at his childish whining.

Seeing those innocent eyes of his wife, he knows he will never be able to lie to her, that's why he refrained himself from replying to her messages or calls...neither did he take initiative to call her back.

" Shubham you go to singhania sadan and stay with your bhabi for this week. I don't want her to be doubtful... " Shubham nodded weakly.

"!! sorry naira, tumse joot bolna padh raha hai, par mein kya karun jaan... Tumhe yeh saach batakar stress nai karna chatihun.... I know you are too concerned about me aur mujhe is haal me dehkar tum kese behave karogi mein jaanti hun, isiliye tumse yeh baat chupa rahehun...
I am sorry !! "

Tangled Strings Of Love  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें