Chapter Four

When I came to, I was laying on a bed that was not in the room I was given. There was a tube sticking out of my right arm, my left arm had been completely ignored. Wanda might've done that. I tried to sit up and observe my surroundings- you know, the soldier coming out of me -when my head got dizzy and the world got brighter, so I went right back down to the bed. My other senses came back slowly, and the steady beeping of a machine next to me was now present in my mind. Well, it was better than memories.

I looked over to see what it was, and I recognized it from the lab after they gave me a new arm...after they gave me my mind curse...after they implanted those sick, twisted words into my skull. That machine was not welcome in my mind. Sure it was to monitor my heartbeat, but it was tied to a lot a baggage that I couldn't seem to shake off. The only happy related thing tied to that horrid machine was waking up here for the first time, and even then it wasn't the best awakening.

The door on the other side of the room suddenly opened, scaring me in the process. My heart rate sped up a bit, but when I saw that it was just Wanda, I felt so much better. Her eyes were sympathetic, as if she could sense my unease. She walked over to the left side of my bed, pulling up a chair from beside the wall and pulling it over to the bedside to sit.

"How are you feeling?" she asked simply, not wanting to overwhelm me right after waking up. I mustered up a small smile and cringed at the heart monitor. Did it get louder to remind me of it's unwanted presence? Wanda noticed this pretty quickly, and how I didn't like the monitor's loud beeping.

Before she could ask, I answered her first question. "I feel alright I guess. What happened exactly?" I asked her. This distracted her from the heart monitor questions...for now.

"Well, Bruce and Tony think that you might've had a panic attack like episode when you tried to remember some things Hydra doesn't exactly want you to remember. There was nothing else that could've provoked you," Wanda explained to me. I nodded silently, and didn't attempt to think again. It could lead to another fainting spell.

"So my name is Reyna-Rose. Is that pretty?" I asked, trying to talk about something to distract me from the beeping mechanism next to me. Wanda put on a little smile at my question.

"It is a beautiful name. So, what do you want to go by? Reyna? Rose? Reyna-Rose? Shadow still? I'm sorry if I'm overwhelming you, but if the team is going to meet you, then they should get used to a name you like being called," Wanda rambled. I laughed- actually laughed- at her ramblings and shook my head a bit.

I silence my laughs for a moment before answering. "I like all of the above really, but Reyna-Rose isn't very practical, Reyna might be shortened to Rey, I like Rose, and Shadow reminds me of my past so...Reyna?" I concluded. Wanda laughed at my own ramblings, and I joined her. It was such a strange feeling to be happy and to laugh. Maybe I could tie some happy memories to the heart monitor for once.

Our happiness and laughs were interrupted when the door opened again, this time revealing Mr. Stark. He looked neutral; not really happy I was in pain, but not very sad that I was in pain either. Tricky man, but I'd figure him out soon. Even if I didn't, the soldier instincts in me would make me.

"Sorry to interrupt your girl session, but I still very much need to talk to Miss Reyna-Rose-"

"Just Reyna," Wanda said, cutting the billionaire off. He stopped, raised his eyebrows and silently asked his fellow teammate, "Should I care?" Wanda just smirked and looked at me, and I joined in with a smirk.

Stark gave an over-dramatic sigh. "Fine, Reyna. I still need to talk to you about your file. FRIDAY still can't decode the scribbled out part, and I need to see if you can figure it out yourself." I must've looked worried, because he held his hands up in mock surrender. "I won't hurt you. Just need to make sure everything checks out."