Chapter Five

The next morning I woke up on the floor, leaning against my temporary bed with Nat and Wanda on either side of me. In Nat's hands, she was loosely holding some bandaging materials, and I realized I had forgotten about my leg during my panic attack last night. I remembered now. We had come back into my room to just sit and talk a little bit. Nothing about our pasts, though. That was the no-go zone. We talked about anything other than that. Nat and Wanda had told me about a bunch of different things they enjoyed that I should try someday, and I really enjoyed our conversation. A few minutes in Nat had noticed my leg was bleeding, so she got up and got me some bandages from the medical wing. It took a while, and I assumed it was just the journey, but Wanda thought she got caught up talking to the others. When Nat returned, I didn't question why Bruce was with her. He helped wrap my leg up for temporary help, and then he turned around and left.

After that we only stayed up for a few more minutes. I was the first to fall asleep, that much I remember. I'm pretty sure Wanda fell asleep before Nat, just based on her spy training and everything. Speaking of, Nat started to stir and woke up. She was wide awake pretty fast, and looked over at me and my still sleepy form.

"How are you feeling?" she asked quietly, her voice still getting used to the morning.

I nodded and cleared my throat before giving a verbal response. "I'm feeling a lot better. But..." I trailed off, thinking about how the rest of the team might feel after the incident of last night. Captain Rogers might understand better due to his connection with the former Winter Soldier, but that doesn't mean he'll want to. Mr. Stark also had a history of PTSD, so he might get it, but I had nearly killed him last night. There was no way he'd take my side after that. He probably wants to throw me out the damn window right now. The thing was, I couldn't blame him.

"Don't worry about the team. If you want, Wanda and I can talk to them about last night. You can be there or here, but we are going to talk to them," Nat confirmed, grabbing my hand for reassurance. I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

Wanda next to me finally woke up and looked at the two of us with a sleepy expression. "Morning," she slurred out, and Nat and I burst into laughter. Wanda joined us, and soon we were a bunch of idiots laughing on the floor. My dark blond hair fell into my face as I leaned forward in laughter. In the midst of our laughing, I barely heard the door open up, but I heard the person clearing their throat loud and clear.

We all calmed down and swept our hair out of our faces. I was still smiling wide, but when my peridot colored eyes met a pair of serious baby blue ones, my smile fled my face along with any happiness that I had just gathered. Nat cleared her throat and stood, Wanda following behind. They looked to Captain Rogers, and Wanda crossed her arms and stood in front of me slightly.

"What do you need Steve?" she asked him. Nat stood at her side casually, both hands tucked in her pajama pants pockets, while giving Captain Rogers a hard stare.

"Get dressed. Fury is here," he said, and Nat's head turned to Wanda, and then to me. This could only mean he found out about how I nearly killed Mr. Stark. He probably was going to take me to a secret SHIELD facility and hold me there. Better yet, he might as well take me back to Hydra. It's what I deserved.

The women looked back to Captain Rogers and nodded, and he left the room. The door stayed open, and Nat followed him. Wanda turned to me and said a little goodbye, then left the temporary room I was staying in. She closed the door for me. I stayed seated beside my temporary bed, thinking about how many awful things might happen to me.

I looked over to the desk and saw the little journal still on top. Remembering something Nat, Wanda, and I talked about last night, I scooted to the desk chair and pulled myself into it. The journal was navy blue with an interesting texture, and had gold lettering on the top center that said, "be happy" in cursive. It was cheesy, but will do. My eyes scanned the desk and found a pen and pencil as well, so I grabbed the pen and opened the journal.