~ Extra Journal Entries ~

Chére journal,

My first training sessions started this past week after Mr. Stark made and attached a new arm for me. I have an hour with Captain Rogers, an hour with Nat, an hour with Wanda, lunch, and then just a bunch of strength and endurance training. Captain Rogers trains me in lots of hand-to-hand combat, Nat trains me in some hand-to-hand and also weapons handling, and then Wanda trains me in how to use my powers.

Today Wanda and I discovered I have the potential to control and infiltrate minds like she can. It was an interesting discovery to say the least. The Director had some words with me after the discovery and told Wanda not to train me further in that category. She promised she wouldn't but part of me thinks she won't follow that request to a T.

Strength training isn't done with a specific trainer but other Avengers will join me in their own training/exercising. Sam and I seem to have too much fun sometimes and have gotten yelled at by Captain Rogers to get back to it. Of course once he leaves Sam and I laugh about it and ignore his orders. It's really fun to have this sort of dynamic with others.

~~

Chére journal,

Over the past month, Sam, Wanda, Clint, Nat, sometimes Thor, and I will participate in movie marathons. We have weekends off from training so Sam decided to make them 'Pop Culture Catch Up' days. I didn't mind because those weekends give me a chance to feel normal and have fun with the others (without running the risk of getting yelled at).

The most recent weekend was a marathon of some sad movies which has been my LEAST FAVORITE WEEKEND. I was warned the movies would be sad by my god! People watch them for fun? Are they soulless monsters? We watched six movies in total because Clint finally cancelled the sad movies, threw the physical DVDs across the room, and put on season four of Friends. My least favorite of those movies was easily Bridge to Terabithia and I don't know if any movie or show will make me cry harder. That was the movie that made Clint break too. Looking back now his reaction after the credits rolled will have me clutching my stomach from laughing too hard.

Wanda's also been showing me some of her favorite American and Sokovian music. The difference in cultures is very blatant and both styles are very good! I enjoy a good Taylor Swift song or some Queen. Wanda loves Sylvan Esso who was a lot less popular but she definitely caught my attention as well. Now while I do my weight training I try to listen to some music on some headphones Nat lets me borrow.

Food has been another thing others have been getting me try. Thor was excited when I also enjoyed the Pop-tart I was offered. Even Stark offered me a bit of food every now and then. I mostly snacked as opposed to having big meals. Every now and then Nat makes me join the team for dinner and those always start out awkward, but we find our grooves.

~~

Chére journal,

Rogers wasn't available to train me today so I got a chance to sleep in. My nightmares have been less often too, so I can actually get some good sleep now. Every now and then I have an intense nightmare. Stark had FRIDAY start alerting Wanda and Rogers when my heart rate accelerates and I start thrashing. Wanda because she's a very friendly face and she helps me calm down, Rogers because everyone knows Wanda will never use her powers on me so he's there to hold me down if needed. Luckily that hasn't happened yet.

Speaking of Stark he's starting to seem... warmer towards me. We aren't best buddies- not by a long shot- but he's being very civil towards me. Every other week I go to his lab to get my arm checked out to ensure things are working smoothly. Those appointments are also a good chance for me to go to the private room and check out all the research Bruce had on my powers and their connection to an infinity stone.

He hasn't been found yet, leaving all of us in our own states of worry. Nat and him clearly had something between the two of them because she gets extremely (yet discretely) upset whenever something about him is brought up. Of course I'm torn apart by the fact that he's MIA, but I'm also panicking over the unfinished research over my powers. I haven't told anyone else yet since Bruce requested I didn't so I have nobody to help me figure it out.

~~

Chére journal,

This evening was so eventful! It was some of the most fun I had in a while (not saying every day is boring but I'd remember this for a long time).

Sam, Clint, and I decided to get some Chinese food for our dinner since the boys were very hungry. I had no idea how bad of an idea that would be. People do say hindsight is a wonderful thing...

After Sam drew the short straw (figuratively) he went out in a very weird disguise to go pick up the food. He returned with only half of the original fake beard he had on, and the look he had on his face told Clint and I not to ask any questions. I didn't really want to ask what happened, and could only assume it was a run in with some crazy fans.

The meal started out fine and we were eating like civilized people. That quickly turned into a small comment that turned into a small food fight between the boys, which then turned into a food war with myself included.

I never want to forget the face of Stark when he walked in and saw Sam and I shoving wrapped and unwrapped fortune cookies into Clint's mouth while all three of us were covered in noodles, chicken, rice, and soy sauce.

On a completely unrelated not we are no longer allowed to have Chinese food without an adult.