Chapter Twenty-One

This chapter is dedicated to Chadwick Boseman, as well as the drawing I did above. Rest in Power 🙅🏼‍♀️🙅🏿

Quick Disclaimer: The description I provide for the Wakandan Palace is solely based on what I imagine. I have no clue how the actual palace insides look, this is just what I have imagined for the story. With the parts of the palace we have seen in the movies, I will try to keep those as accurate as possible. Thank you.

I was pulled out of my peaceful nap by someone shaking my shoulders. There was a voice that was at first very foggy, but cleared up more and more as I grew more and more awake. "Rey?" it called out, and I started figuring out that it was Wanda speaking.

My eyes opened slowly and I saw Wanda in front of me. "Hey," she said softly when my eyes opened all the way. "We are about twenty minutes out so I thought I'd wake you up so you can get into something more comfortable." I looked at her outfit and noticed she was now wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a soft looking jacket.

It felt like each bone in my body popped as I stood up and stretched a bit. Everything felt a lot more difficult with one arm. Wanda brought me a pair of leggings and a hoodie to wear. I brought them over to the bathroom and changed in there. The process took me a few minutes extra but I managed to get everything on.

I came out of the bathroom just in time, too. When I stepped out I saw all the others at the front. "What's going on?" I asked softly and walked up to were they were all standing. As I looked out the window I saw us pass through this sort of barrier and enter Wakanda.

Now it all made sense. Why Hydra was so invested in this country. Why they were so reclusive. It all connected as we flew to the palace. "Holy shit," Wanda whispered. Rogers sent her a sideways glare but didn't say anything else. Her reaction made sense though.

To say the country was beautiful would be the understatement of the century. Wakanda was filled with color and gorgeously designed buildings. I would barely make out people on the ground below wearing vibrant colors as well. Up in front of us was the palace, which was one of the most impressive structures I had ever seen in my entire life.

"This place is amazing," I whispered and continued to stare out of the window in awe. We all stayed gawking out the front window until the jet landed and we had to get off.

Rogers led the group with Sam next to him, then Barnes right behind, and Wanda and I bringing up the rear. We all stopped in front of the King and his guards (all women). Rogers and King T'Challa spoke to each other in a volume low enough that I couldn't really pick up on it. Of course if I put more energy into trying to listen I could probably hear them but I was still quite exhausted and in need of a soft bed to get some good sleep.

I looked from the ground up to the men at the front only to see His Majesty looking over at me. My cheeks went red and I quickly looked back down at the ground. The King cleared his throat loudly and spoke in a louder volume to address all of us. "You are all welcomed into Wakanda for as long as you need. Please, follow me."

We started to walk again, following the King into the palace. His guards surrounded our group, with a couple at his side, four on the sides of our sad little group, and then two behind Wanda and I. They looked very threatening too, so I refrained from looking at them too long.

Inside the palace was just as spectacular as the outside. It wasn't covered in gold, but the details and the effort put into the architecture was something the architects could be very proud of. We all walked in a small group through the palace until the King stopped, all of us doing the same. It wasn't very coordinated, and I may have accidentally run into Barnes, but we stopped.