Chapter Eleven

Wanda had come up with the idea. She had remembered how I really wasn't all that familiar yet with today's language, slang, and food. So, with help from everyone else present, we all sat down and had a little 'catching up' party. It was me, Sam, Nat, Wanda, and Clint. Agent Lambert was also there, over in the corner.

Sam sat next to me and told me about a lot of slang that was used, and how I should seem natural when I used it. In his words, "Not like some middle-aged parent trying to stay hip and with the kids. You gotta say it like it's part of you natural vocabulary, ya know?" I had laughed when he said that, and told him I understood what he meant. Over the next few days he'd try his best to, in a way, train me in the ways of the word.

Wanda was back and forth between us and the kitchen. She was collecting more foods that I have yet to try, including some healthier options too. "You need to know what you want to eat because you will be eating three meals a day and possible have snacks in between. Hydra starved you, but we are here to feed you and make sure you have enough strength to train like you're going to. This is a cheese stick." Wanda demonstrated how to properly eat one and I followed in suit. They were very good, and quite stringy too. I very much enjoyed that part.

Nat was there to also try and help with how to be casual and natural. If I ever get to leave this tower (she said when but I know it's a huge if) then I needed to know how simple little social interactions go so I wouldn't stand out. "Make sure you maintain proper eye contact and don't speak as if you're giving a mission report to your superiors. Speak like you do with us, and don't worry, we will work on it."

Dr. Banner also came in for a moment, asking if we had seen Tony. As he was leaving he saw me, and mentioned that he'd like to talk more with me about everything Hydra altered so he knew how to treat me and how I'd react to different things. I thanked him for caring about me and he went on his way.

We were in the middle of a lesson on slang and I was snacking on chips when Mr. Stark had come in and nearly ran into Wanda doing her run between rooms. "I'm so sorry Tony I didn't see you there! I was just grabbing some more snacks." He let her pass and went to the fridge. All conversation died down in here to gauge the reaction Mr. Stark would have with my presence. It was almost as if he didn't know we were all here. "Oh would you mind if I got a packet of blueberries for Rey to try?" she asked next.

Mr. Stark took a moment from his own snack to look over at us, and pretty much analyzed everyone of us and what was around us. Wanda spoke up again, saying "Sorry, I saw them earlier and realized Rey hasn't had much fruit in her life either. That's just what we are doing: having her try different foods and teach her things that she's missed."

It took a moment, but Mr. Stark held his hand up to stop Wanda from moving, grabbed a second packet, tossed it to Wanda, and said, "Go nuts." She smiled at him and came running back over to us. I went to look at and thank him, but he had already left the room.

Wanda held out a blueberry and I took it. They all looked at me to see my reaction (like they've been doing) and I popped it into my mouth. It was tart at first, but I did like the flavor. I nodded and said, "It's good. I like this healthy snack."

It was fun, because for the next hour and a half they all gave me foods to try, making sure to check with the owner of each thing to make sure it was okay. I was getting along quite well with them. Clint seemed nice, and I could tell he had helped Wanda a good bit by the way she and him interacted. Sam and Nat also had some history of some sort, and I heard them every now and then sending messages to each other on their phones.

I looked around the room for a moment and saw a picture of people. With my enhanced eye sight, I could see the faces. Most of them looked quite familiar to me, but there was one that looked very foreign; it didn't even look human. "Wanda, who's that in the picture? The weird colored one?" I asked.