Chapter 22

"If you're really curious about JL, then sasabihin ko na sayo ang totoo. He's my brother,well not by blood but we're really close. And he's not my lover, how could you even accuse me of having a lover"

Hmp! Ano bang tingin niya sakin? Even though ganon ako umasta noon para mapunta siya sakin, hindi ako ganong klase ng babae noh. I don't sleep around—

"I know"

"Right! Oh edi mas okay–––wait...." what does that mean?  "What do yoy mean 'you know' ?"

"My investigator said so" simple saad niya.

Tumango ako,,,but what?!

His investigator? Ibig bang sabihin non that he had me investigated?

He knows the truth then, about JL, but he still forced me to come and tell him that. Is he testing me?

"Yes, Adi"
He muttered, as if he's been reading my mind.

"But why would you do that? Why ask me to tell you about JL kung alam mo naman na pala ang totoo? Are you making fun of me? At isa pa Ivan, you are invading my privacy"

Shems! Hanggang saan ang alam niya? Imposible namang pati ang nangyari ilang taon na ang nakalilipas ay nalaman niya narin?
Kung ganon hanggang saan ang nahalungkat ng investigator niya?

I shoot him a glare and was about to ask him when he spoke.

"Everything" he responded again.

"Will you stop doing that! Are you a psychic or something?"

"Ofcourse not. Adi you're just so easy for me to read" he replied. And take note. He actually look smug saying that.

"But still, you shouldn't be doing that ng hindi ka manlang nagpapa-alam"

"Would you have let me? And besides, when I try to investigate someone, I never ask for permission. Who asks permission anyway?"

He right, he has a point. Wala pa akong nakikilalang magnanakaw na nagpa-alam muna bago magnakaw.

But still, I'm in the verge of freaking out right now.

All this time, I have endured being away from  Cheska, Lyka and Ivan for days, and it turns out na balewala lang pala yon dahil alam niya na lahat! And sa ayaw at sa gusto ko, included na siya!

"Look here Ivan,hindu mo dapat ginawa yon. You can't just go around and investigat anyone out there just because you want to. You are invading my privacy and it's not okay at all"

"No Adi, you're not just this what you claim 'anyone out there' , you're my girlfriend and I didn't get you investigated because I jut felt like I want to, I needed to look for you, I realized I don't know much about you that's why I did it" he exclaimed.

"I've already told you before Adi, I'm a possessive person, and I have the right to know everything about you simula nang tinanggap ko ang offer mo.

You cant just do this alone. No guy on his perfect state of mind that'll not do thesame when put in my position as well.

Who would let the person they love suffer alone?"

I froze upon hearing it.
Love?

All of a sudden, lahat  ng gusto kong isumbat sakanya ay nawala sa isip ko.
Out of everything he saod, the last sentence struck me.