Chapter 24

A week passed and everything's been going well.
Thankfully Ivan hasn't notice my pregnancy yet, I was always afraid whenever we make love , scared that he might notice the changes in my body, thankfully he didn't.

I haven't confronted him about his wife too. I don't see any point doing both.
Aalis din naman ako after the case is solved, so there's no point in telling him.
I don't like the idea of him marrying me for the sake of our baby.
I don't want my baby to live in a loveless marriage, so is Ivan, I don't want him to be trapped.

I didn't confront him because I already know the truth.....I think, and ayokong may malaman pa na mas masakit pa doon.

Isa pa, it's too painful for Ivan, and I can't just barge in and ask him to tell me about his wife and unborn child.

About my condition, medyo mas okay na ako, I don't freak out when men come near me, but still, I find it a bit hard to breath when they're so close to me.

Lastly, Dos has been captured and under investigation.

"Ready?"

Nginitian ko siya at tumango.

"Yeah. Always am"

No. I'm scared.

Lumapit siya sa akin at hinagkan ako.

"It's alright kitten. We're in this together. I'll always be by your side"

"Yeah, I know that too Doc"
I smiled at him before hugging him.

I know you will.

"I love you Ivan"

He chuckled, and said I was acting strange. I didn't answer him, I just repeated what I said and he responded.
"I love you too"

Why does it hurt hearing those words know, when I've always dreamt of hearing those from him.
But still, I wan't to hear him say those, and that's the sick part.

When we arrived at JL's house, I was surprised that those two actually already knew each other. Ivan said he paid a visit to JL the other day.

My palms are sweaty while we sat down in a long table. Ivan's on my right side and JL on the other while mama and papa were on the other side of the table and there are five more people in the house.

"He confessed everything he knew, well that's what he said, but I don't believe him. I think there's still something they're planning"

The other guy said.

"Did he tell you why they did 'it'?"
Mama asked him.

"Well he did. He said Mr. Sierra has refused to take the money from their mafia leader which is we know Mr. Sakolov in exchange of storing or much like hiding tons of drugs and smuggled guns in his pharmaceutical  company and they ended up almost arrested when he reported them"

"Wait.. My dad has already reported them. Pero bakit hindi sila nakulong?"

"They have bribed the police officers Ms. Sierra"
The other one stated

Ofcourse, money...

"And before your father has given the police the evidence which the police has asked him to , that's the day he died"

Evidence?

"Well you see Ms. Sierra. This mafia leader that we are after. He has a very good cover. He is posing as a good business man who's supporting and owning a lot of charity homes, a  school for free education and many more charitable deeds"