Chapter 25

He is clearly mad, I know that.

After he stormed out of our room a while ago, hanggang ngayon hindi pa siya bumabalik.

Right after Rica left me pagkatapos niya akong painumin ng gatas, I decided to go look for him

I'm at fault, I know

but still, I want to appologise. I just realized how wrong I am.  He has all the rights to know about the baby, because the baby is also his.

When I stepped closer to the balcony, I saw lola patting his broad shoulder.

Mukhang nag uusap sila. So I waited for a while.
When Lola Ester saw me, she gave me a smile.
I just hope it is a good sign.

Tumango ako sakanya bago siya umalis.

When I approached him, malayo parin ang tingin niya.

I leaned on the railing at huminga ng malalim

"I'm sorry" paguulit ko sa pag hingi ng patawad sakanya. That got his attention at tumingin sakin, so I continued talking

"I know what I did is wrong Ivan. You are the father of my baby and you have all the rights knowing that you fathered this child"
I said. As I my hand settled on my almost not noticable baby bump.

But instead of getting mad a me. Umiwas lang uli siya at bumalik ang tingin sa kawalan.

"No. It should be who's appologising"

Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya

"Why would you?"

"Lola told you me you knew everything"
He dropped "Not entirely everything though"

Lola did?

"I see" saad ko nalang.

"Am I giving you mixed signals Adi?" out of the blue ay tinanong niya sakin

I nodded. There's no point in lying

"From the very first moment that I saw you Ivan. I can't take my eyes off you. I thought, that you are probably the most handsome man I have ever seen"
I chuckled when I remembered that, kung gaano ako ka possesive sakanya

"Well, not that I have known many men to compare you with"
Bumaling ako sa direksyon niya.

And our gazes met "From that moment on, I know I love you already"
I confessed.

"You say you love me. Why are planning on leaving me then?"
Puno ng hinanakit ang boses niya. His eyes are so sad.

I walked closer to him, held his face and kissed him.

"I love you so much that I want you to be free from me, from the responsibility that may hinder you from finding your true love"
A lone tear escaped from my eyes.

His lips thinned in an uncomposed expression
"But you are that person Adi"

How I hope it really is me that you love, and not because you see Sophia in me.

"No Ivan. You only love me because I remind you of your deceased wife, Sophia"
I claimed.

His face remained stoic
"How could you have doubt my love for you"

I shook my head

"Lola Ester told me everything about Sophia. That I looked like her, that I look like the spitting image of you beloved wife. And given the fact that I am now pregnant with our baby, I have thought that I don't want you to feel trapped and feel burdened"