Pilot Part Two

After the whole fiasco with Rip, Alex was eager to be out of the Waverider and in the field. The clothes Gideon had fabricated for her weren't the most comfortable or practical, but they made her fit in and she supposed that was all that mattered.

"Looks like they're checking credentials," Sara whispered in her ear, just enough for Leonard and Mick to hear as well.

Leonard turned to face the two women, ignoring the apprehensive looks they both wore. "Relax ladies, I got this."

The lift was so subtle, Alex wasn't sure she would've noticed it under any other circumstance. All it took was one bump into a terrorist and boom, they had access.

Well, up until Leonard tried to claim he was Arab on his mom's side.

Alex rolled her eyes before pushing forward, ready to take over when Stein approached.

"Is there a problem?" He asked, narrowing his eyes as he began his performance. Alex smirked and latched onto his arm, twirling her hair back and forth as she twisted her face into an innocent smirk, scanning the guard up and down.

Stein rolled with the act, pressing forward, "Do you know who we are? My associates and I are the operational arm of Scimitar."

At the sound of the name, the bodyguard's eyes widened.

"The Lombardo Square bombing, 1963. Murder of Henri Tyran, Canada, 1970. Konig Airport Massacre, 1971." Stein began to list before gesturing toward Alex, "And my wife here planned at least half of those and operates an entirely separate branch, Bottom line? You don't want to doubt us."

Alex continued her smirk and punctured his last remark with a high pitched laugh, cementing the guard's fear of them in one fell swoop before he let them pass.

"You're a special kind of crazy," Mick whispered to the two of them, "I like it."

"Nice one Girl Scout," Leonard whispered in her ear, "Didn't know you had it in you."

She smiled back, "There's a lot of things you don't know about me Leonard," She quipped, following Stein further into the warehouse, the wind blowing through the slits in her dress, covered up by the bright fur coat that Gideon had insisted was popular in 1975. The lasso was stowed safely by her side and all she wanted to do was beat these terrorist's asses.

Carter's voice rang through the comm unit, "Any sign of Savage,"

"He's not here boss," Mick's voice answered. Alex swore she could almost see Rip's disappointment.

Just as they were ready to leave, a series of footsteps brought their attention back to the stage. She had to resist the surprise on her face as she stared up at the man who was supposedly the most horrific villain history had ever seen.

Vandal Savage was...short. Well, shorter than she thought he'd be.

And he was not well-groomed at all. In fact, she was pretty sure his hair was greasy in this lighting.

He began to explain the warhead they had discovered he was selling and Alex stood on high alert, watching for any sign of impending danger.

"What's happening?" Sara asked, her eyes joining Alex's in darting around the area. The Amazon moved her hand to her lasso, ready to fight her way out of here.

"Nobody else is bidding," Leonard stated.

Alex turned to him, "Thanks Captain Obvious," She muttered back sarcastically.

"I prefer Captain Cold," Leonard quipped back, making her roll her eyes.

"Well, Well, Well," A familiar voice pulled her back to the front, a man in a white suit standing before them, "We seem to have a new player, but you seem a bit academic, who are you?"
Alex stepped forward, laying on a thick accent and pushing through the burning pain of the rope to keep their cover.