Destiny

Sara pushed upward on the hatch, pulling herself onto the floor. Alex followed quickly after her, her limbs aching from stuffing themselves into the small space.

"How did you even know that was down there?" Sara asked, stretching her arms out. Alex joined her, leaning over until her elbows touched the floor, a soft tug on her hamstrings before pulling back up.

Leonard joined them, a smirk on his face as he moved out of the library and into the main part of the bridge. "When Rip first recruited us, I made it my business to case every square inch of this tub in the event there was something worth stealing," He paused, like he was considering his next words, "There wasn't. Let's get out of here."

Alex stood up at his statement, eyes widening in disbelief. "Hold on, we can't just leave,"

"Why not?" Leonard remarked, lifting his eyebrows at her, "We're alive, we have the ship, and the Time Masters are taking care of Savage. Our job is done."

Alex scoffed, crossing her arms at his callous behavior. What the hell had happened to him? She thought he was changing. He was changing.

"What about the team?" Sara brought up, taking a spot next to Alex, her tone incredulous.

Leonard simply shrugged, "There's nothing more we can do for them."

She scoffed again, rolling her eyes. This was not the same person she had come to know.

Snart was good, she knew that.

"You're just gonna leave Mick?" Sara exclaimed, trying to appeal to his loyal nature. Despite what he may project, Leonard did care about his friends.

They all knew it.

"If the Time Masters are half as twisted as Mick said, there's an excellent chance Mick is no longer Mick," Leonard was getting impatient, his foot tapping the floor while his voice went up in volume, "Now why aren't we flying yet?"

"You're scared," Alex announced, catching the rogue off guard, "That's why you want to leave."

"Of course I'm scared," Leonard snapped, "They turned my partner into a killing machine, who's to say they won't do that to us?"

Alex stepped down, her boots clanging against the metal of the Waverider, "Because we can break them out, but we need your help,"

"You're insane," Leonard chuckled, shooting a quick look at Sara, "Get us out of here now,"

Sara shook her head, arms still crossed, "No, I'm not going anywhere without the rest of the team."

The charge of the cold gun caught them both of guard, the barrel pointed directly at Sara, "Maybe I didn't make myself clear."

He wouldn't do it, Alex told herself. That wasn't who he was anymore.

But the pounding of her heart and the constriction of her throat were disagreeing with her.

"Don't do that," Sara's jaw clenched, her hand shaking, "Don't act like you're that same cold-hearted bastard that I first met," Leonard's grip never wavered, "I remember Russia. And you were the one who told me not to kill Stein."

"Yeah, because you seem to have a problem with being a killer," Leonard remarked, keeping his eye trained on Sara, "I, however, don't."

Alex had to do something. Even if she believed that Leonard wouldn't shoot Sara, that didn't mean she could stand by while it happened.

"Prove it," Sara challenged, "Shoot me."

Without hesitation Alex stepped in between the two, "Enough!" she turned to face Leonard, taking a protective stance against the man. "You do that and you'll have to go through me,"