White Knights

Somehow breaking into the pentagon was easier than she expected. Sara was taking the lead, the eighties more likely to be kinder to her than Alex or Kendra.

She forced herself to remain focused on the mission, trying to forget that her mother was walking around somewhere on this Earth.

That she was off saving the world just like her daughter.

They swiped the key off of Leonard without incident and she caught the glance Ray was throwing her way. She shot a soft smile back at him before following Sara and Kendra to the file room.

They were almost free when Kendra decided to go berserk.

Alex sent a swift kick to the chest of the man who was blocking their way forward. A swipe of her fist and a knee to the gut and they should've been home free.

Except Kendra's eyes burned red and her wings expanded.

"Uh, guys." Sara responded over the comms, "We have a problem."

"Kendra!" Alex yelled, grabbing the possessed woman's attention, "Enough!"
The girl soared her way, and Alex caught her foot before it could collide with her face. She twisted, her strength matched by whatever power lay dormant in the half-hawk woman.

Kendra collided to the ground, her anger stirred by the act.

Alex clenched her jaw, ready to meet her adversary again. Unfortunately, she wasn't the target.

Kendra launched herself forward at the guards approaching them. Alex sprinted at an unnatural pace, positioning herself in front of the gathering crowd as a burst of flame spurted out of the now damaged pentagon.

"Kendra, this isn't you!" Alex called. Her words were cut off by the screech that filled her ears. Setting her jaw, Alex pulled up her sleeves and clanged her bracelets together, sending a wave of energy forward, decimating everything in its path and knocking the demi goddess out.

When they got back to the Waverider, Alex braced herself for another lecture.

"Instead of dwelling on what went wrong, let's focus on the positive" Ray spoke up before they got scolded. While she admired his optimism, this was not the time for it.

This time they deserved to be lectured.

"Look, we got the file on Savage," Kendra spoke up, finally recovering from her power trip and Alex's blast.

Martin turned to Jax, his tone disapproving, "despite the problem with the alarm?"

"Oh so now it's my fault?" Jax grew defensive, eager to prove himself to the older scientist.

" You have access to 60 years of knowledge and experience," Stein continued to argue, causing Alex to roll her eyes, "Why not just take advantage of that?"

Jax pressed forward, upset with Stein's new attitude, "Because it's my body on the line out there, not yours."

Sara stepped in to be the mediator and Alex watched the interaction, knowing that she would only make things worse, "Hey, it's not your fault." The blonde turned toward Kendra, "Everything would have been fine if Big Bird over here hadn't freaked out."

The Egyptian demigoddess scoffed, "Excuse me?"

Sara crossed her arms, "If it wasn't for Alex's magical wave of energy, you would've killed several people."

The two women moved closer to each other, ready to spar at any moment.

"Hey!" Alex called, stepping between the two, "Enough. There is plenty of blame to go around."