Night of the Hawk Part One

Alex stirred underneath the covers, letting out a soft sigh as she snuggled closer to the warmth that enveloped her.

Sara's hand was busy brushing strands of hair away from her face, tucking it behind the Amazon's ear as the brunette shifted to meet the assassin's bright smile. Alex felt like herself again.

She felt normal.

"You have a good night?" Sara whispered with a smirk on her face, lips fluttering against her collarbone. The action sent Alex's stomach fizzing, a sensation that traveled down the rest of her body, lingering between her thighs as she playfully pushed Sara's shoulder before standing up, her naked figure on display. Sara drank in every angle.

"As a matter of fact," Alex said with a smirk crossing her face, "I did."

A chuckle escaped her lips as she pulled her pants back on, Sara let out a whine as she did.

"Come on" Sara continued, "I only get to see you naked once?"

Alex threw her shirt on, closing the space between the two with a smirk on her face, "Who says this was a one-time thing?"

Silence hung between the two women as realization settled over them. Sara was probably right. Alex had really only approached her after watching Ray--

No. she told herself. She was a woman traveling through time for godsakes. If she wanted to sleep with Sara it was because she had found her attractive. There couldn't be any other reason.

Alex cut through the awkward silence, "I'm gonna head to the kitchen for some breakfast," she told the other woman, "do you--uh, do you want anything?"

Sara shook her head, the playful tone gone from the room as Alex grabbed the rest of her stuff and left the room, creasing her face together in frustration as she leaned against the door of her own room.

She actually found the kitchen this time around, freezing when she caught sight of the tall figure by the stove.

"Oh hey, Alex!" Ray's cheery voice cut through the air, unaware of the tension that existed between the two of them, "I'm making some omelets, do you want any?"

Alex shook her head, "Nah, I'm good," she crossed her arms before making her way to the fridge to try and fill her stomach with homecooked goods to take her mind off the pinching that seemed to permanently live in her chest.

She settled on a bowl of yogurt and granola, trading her want of a nice meal for a quick breakfast so she didn't have to face Ray for very long.

Alex leaned against the island in the kitchen, silently stirring the brown chunks of protein around as she tried to settle into the awkward silence, the hissing of the pan the only sound heard through the kitchen.

"Well isn't this charming?" Leonard's drawl cut through the tension, drawing both Alex and Ray's attention to the rogue. Ray smiled before folding over the eggs onto a small plate, waving to Snart before gesturing to his breakfast, "Well, I better get this to Kendra before she goes all bird-lady on me" The inventor joked, Alex sending him a small smile as she stuffed her breakfast in her mouth to avoid saying something she might regret.

"And the other shoe drops," Leonard smirked, moving to the other side of the island, his hands folded across each other as he sent an expectant look Alex's direction.

She shook her head, polishing off her spoon before responding, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Leonard's eyebrows drew themselves upward, making it clear that he did not believe her statement, "You mean you don't care that Raymond and Bird-Brain are sharing bedrooms now?"