3- hey there Ashley

Exhausted from dancing around the house, Ashley sunk down into her grey couch. The sky had changed to become dark and the once gorgeous heat disappeared to become chilly. Ashley snuggled into the knitted purple blanket that is always left on the bottom of the couch.

She picked up her phone and addressed the notifications. One was from her mum sending her yet another cat video, although Ashley moaned non-stop about the amount of messages she got from her mum, she secretly loved it.
The next notification were 2 friend requests. One which is obviously a reporter, who was wanting to dig into her life. The other was from a name she recognised; Harry Styles.
The moment she saw the name she knew who it was, her heart skipped and her tummy began to flutter. As the name had brought back memories. Beautiful memories she thought had disappeared from her brain. Almost immediately she accepted the request and a smile formed on her face.

The last 2 notifications were messages. Now this surprised her as nobody ever Facebook messages her. The messages both appeared to be from her newly added friend,
Harry Styles. Ashley could hardly believe it, she immediately tapped into the chat, and almost doubled over as she read through the message.

It was at this moment, to her, the whole world had stopped. The music had magically silenced, the faint noises of birds disappeared and the night sky miraculously turned darker causing the stars to brighten and stand out.
She had to read through the messages three times in order to interpret the full capacity of what it meant. Taking in every last detail. Analysing every single word to the fullest.

Harry Styles: Hey there Ashley! How have you been? I know we haven't kept in contact in goodness knows how many years. But I recently ran into your mum and she told me you moved to Australia! So what's it like in Australia? I suppose you must think me a fool seeing as your on every newspaper, magazine, and Instagram page ever. I do have an excuse.... I've only just arrived back from a retreat, where I've been connecting to my soul, whilst helping underprivileged kids. You won't believe the experience it was phenomenal. It taught me a lot being out there, a lot of self growth. The whole time I was out there I couldn't stop thinking about you. I know we didn't necessarily end on bad terms, but we just both disappeared and got on with our lives. Something that I've hated ever since. We had an amazing relationship and I wish we could have kept it. You are an amazing person and you deserve the world. Probably more than the world if I'm being honest. Whilst being at the retreat and seeing the tragedy so many families face, I couldn't help but think how short life is. So I made this whole speech of what I wanted to say to you. I would have called but service is limited out there and it's better to phone mum. You know what she's like. Besides some things are better done in person. So you are probably wondering why I'm messaging you so much. When I saw your mum in Sainsbury's, I thought this was fate. I actually popped in there to pick up our favourite, Rolo yoghurts. Then when I saw your mum I couldn't believe my luck. I didn't know if you still had the same number or if you had moved. Then when your mum told me the news I realised this wasn't fate, this was the worlds way of letting me know. I thought what's the harm in messaging you. I've been conflicted about messaging you for a week now. Which doesn't seem like a lot but it is for someone who is at home most of the day stuck with their thoughts. I finally gave in and now here I am. I've written you this long message. I'm so sorry. But there's so much I have to say.
Talk soon, love you. H. X

Ashley's hazel eyes kept flickering over the part that said 'love you'. It stood out, and blazed through her brain. Every time she read that, the air felt thicker and her mouth got dry. She was in complete and utter shock. Nothing could have prepared her to read a message like this. Which meant nothing could have prepared her for the second message Harry Styles had sent.

Harry Styles: Btw don't know if your mum mentioned this. But I'm coming to Australia. You know how much I love travelling, so why not go down under. See ya in 3 days. Not only do I have something to tell you but it's also a chance for us to catch up.
Btw by me saying see ya in 3 days I mean you have to pick me up from the airport.
H. X

Ashley closed her eyes. Reopened them. Then closed them again. Before finally slightly peaking to read the message again. She felt clots of sweat forming on her forehead. Her insides felt funny. Nothing made sense. Why is he coming now? What does he mean by my mum mentioning this? How long is he staying? Where is he staying? When is he arriving? So many questions and such a big time difference. She'd never get what she needed out of him. This is exactly what he's like, always so spontaneous. He could never truly plan anything.

The biggest question forming in her mind was, how on earth was she going to explain this to her beloved Liam. He'd understand and brush it off, welcome him with open arms. If she thought of him as an old friend. But she couldn't think of him as just an old friend. They were much more than old friends. In fact as she read the messages over and over, the idea of being more than friends twirled round in her mind. The love she thought she had towards Harry was always regarded as friendly once there relationship had stopped. However tonight reading the message the romantic love seemed to be edging its way in.