𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

The next morning, I drag my tired self to Astronomy class. I'm usually the first one to arrive but to my surprise Amane is already seated. His face is stoic and calm as he writes something in his notebook. After what happened last night, I don't know if I should sit next to him. But then if I don't sit next to him he's going to think that I am avoiding him and I don't want that either.

So I sit next to him and I watch him as he continues to write. His handwriting is crisp and beautiful.

"Hey." he says, not averting his gaze from this notebook.

"Oh, H-hi."

He rips the piece of notebook paper and slides it to me.

Sakura wants me to let you know that we're having a meeting at midnight. I'll wait for you by the pipelines of the girls dormitory so we can go together. (This is not a prank btw.) And don't ask me what the meeting is about, you'll find out later.

At midnight? What kind of program makes their members hold a meeting at midnight. Something tells me that this isn't a meeting being held by Ms.Yako, rather a separate meeting held by one of the others.

I fold the letter and slip it inside the pocket of my blazer not asking any further questions.

***

Once class is over I text Kou and Aoi to meet me by the garden. I want to see them for a bit since I would no longer be able to sit with them at lunch anymore. As I continue to type a finger pokes the side of my cheek. When I turn around, I fumble with the phone in my hands.

Amane pokes the side of my cheek again. "See ya later."

I jerk away from him as I hold a palm against the place where he had poked me. "W-what was that for?"

He tries to suppress a chuckle. "I don't know."

"Hey, so I'll see you by the pipelines, right?"

"Yes." He gets closer, somehow managing to close the already small gap between us. I inhale the scent of his strong cologne which makes my stomach dip. "Don't forget." and then opens up the space between us again.

"W-wait!" The next thing I do is probably one of the most embarrassing things I have ever done. I extended my arm and gave him my phone. "P-put yourself in my contacts, just in case."

Crap! I didn't mean for it to come out that way. And It's not like I want to have his number. I had everyone else's so it made sense to have his, right? But somehow, my heart couldn't stop beating fast.

He laughs. His laugh is not what I was expecting, it's warm and hearty. Something that makes you feel all fuzzy inside when you hear. I was not expecting that at all but then again, Amane is a mystery waiting to get unraveled. "Sure," he says, grabbing my phone. His long fingers momentarily brush mine. "But this is an odd way of asking a boy for his number. A simple, can I have your number? would have been better. But A for effort." He teases.

"Shut up" I snap, embarrassment ripping through me. "I didn't mean it like that."

My cheeks were heating up. This was the first time I had asked for a guy's number.