𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

The Homecoming theme is Medieval Masquerade. All the girls have on a beautiful mask that perfectly matches their dresses. And all the boys have on a mask that matches their tuxedo accordingly.

I stare at everyone and everything around me in awe. The banquet is absolutely stunning. Everything is gold, black and silver. There's frills and feathers everywhere. All the tables have black and gold masquerade mask as their centerpiece.

Chatter fills the room and when the music starts playing, dozens of students boil their way to the dance floor. I grab Aoi by the hand and weave our way through the students melding together. The loud music makes my whole body vibrate but I don't exactly hate the feeling. Neither Aoi and I know how to dance so we just move our bodies randomly, trying to keep up with the rhythm of the music.

The room gets darker and the strobe lights above us begin to illuminate us. The music begins to pick up in pace. Everyone goes crazy and before I know it, Aoi is taken away from me.

"I'm going to dance with him." She shouts over the music.

I give her a thumbs up. Either way, I'm going to leave soon. "Have fun!" I yell at her before she disappears into the sea of students.

From out of nowhere, someone seizes my elbow. His blond hair is slicked back. He slides his mask down. "It's me Teru." And then he spins me around. "Dance with me before we leave."

I find myself looking at his glittering eyes. Cerulean blue eyes crashing into mine. He pulls up his mask and I dance with him. He draws me close, his hands position themselves on my waist and the rhythm of his movements find mine. I'm grinning at him--I'm grinning at everything. I feel like I'm in a fairytale and I don't want this to end. Oh gosh, please don't let it end.

Teru pulls me in even closer to him, his lips hover above my ear, "We should leave now."

A chills jolts down my spine. "O-okay."

***

When we exit the banquet, I see Amane leaning against the black car giving us a scowl. "Took you guys long enough."

"Sorry about that." Teru says

Amane looks surprisingly different. He wears a midnight blue suit out of wool with a wing tip collar and a pair of black loafers.

Sensing that I was staring at him, he shot me a glance. His amber orbs seem to crackle with electricity. "Are you checking me out?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

My cheeks turn crimson red. "N-no!!"

"Seems like it."

"You just look different in a suit." I reply, embarrassed.

The corner of his mouth tugs into a small smile. "Different?"

"Yes, different."

"You mean handsome?" He teases.