Chapter one

The other trainees mostly avoid Taehyung, but he wants to be friends with the other trainees, but he's shy to make conversation with the other trainees. After the hard dance practice, he sometimes hears them laughing about his dancing skills while he leaves the practice room, and he finds it hard to look in their direction. Taehyung sighed, grabbed his stuff, and left the room while thinking he'd just come back tonight to get better at dancing.

~later at night time~

Taehyung walks into the dance studio and puts his bag on the floor with a sigh. It's late at night, the other trainees are already at the dorms, and the staff has already gone home. Taehyung doesn't want to go to the dorms since he wants to work on his dancing. Also, he thinks the dance studio seems more welcoming at night. Taehyung connects his phone to the speaker and starts dancing.

~Three hours later~

He leaves the practice room with a sore body when he notices a brown hair boy opening the studio next to the practice room. Taehyung gulps when he drops his water bottle on the ground, and the boy with the brown hair, lifts his head sharply at the noise, cat-like eyes staring at him. Taehyung gasped since the boy looked even more stunning in real life. Taehyung wastes no time picking up his water bottle and quickly bows two times. His whole face feels on fire, and his mind screams how ridiculous he must look. He bows again and scrambles away from the hallway. He thinks he hears a voice calling out, but his head is getting dizzy because of the lack of oxygen, so he can't be sure. He makes it to the bathroom, shuts the door, and locks it. Taehyung puts his stuff down while he walks to the sink and grabs the sink for support. The whole world is spinning, but Taehyung forces himself to breathe properly and tries not to think about what just happened. It was probably the stress and anxiety from the two months of training finally getting released, and the only push he needed was getting embarrassed in front of a hot guy. Way to go, Taehyung thinks bitterly as he looks up into the mirror. He remembers the things he heard the other trainees laugh about how he shouldn't be an idol maybe they were right. The perfect face of the hot guy enters his mind that's what an idol should look like, and he hears whispers in his mind 'not like you, the other trainees look much better than you, better at dancing, are better singers and you're too ugly to be an idol. The teacher may occasionally praise Taehyung, but he sees the way other trainees roll their eyes and snicker. To think Taehyung hoped someone like the guy he saw would be his bandmate. God, Taehyung is so beneath his level. He stares into his own eyes in the mirror, feeling sick with everything but mostly himself. A knock sounds through the silence, quiet but firm, and Taehyung's hands won't stop shaking. "Hey kid? are you okay?" comes a deep voice from behind the door. Taehyung's eyes widen. Taehyung decidedly avoids his gaze in the mirror, brown eyes gazing at the entrance instead. The door shakes again, this time harder. Taehyung blinks two times, trying to get rid of the bad thoughts still in his mind and he lets go of the sink and digs his nails into the soft skin of his palm, not deep enough to leave long-lasting marks but enough to take his attention elsewhere and it works. His breathing is almost normal now. "Sorry," Taehyung calls out his voice is hoarse and he can't help but cringe at himself when he hears it. He coughs but it sort of feels like he just made it even worse, " I'm fine. No need to worry '' and he hears the guy chuckle a little, ''It's okay if you're not fine, kid" His tone is so soft and suddenly Taehyung wants to cry for an entirely different reason. He can't remember the time someone else other than his mom and his siblings spoke to him like that. There's a brief silence in which Taehyung thinks he should probably say something but no words come to him and he doesn't feel like lying to the guy. Even if he is a stranger, it seems wrong somehow and instead, he takes a moment to take a few deep breaths. He is glad to see his hands aren't shaking so much anymore. "Can I come in?" the guy asks and Taehyung finds himself nodding before remembering the guy can't see him. He lets out a quiet "yeah", barely audible, but the guy must hear him because after another moment of silence he chuckles and replies with a soft "You need to unlock the door for me first, I  may be one of the coolest hyungs you'll ever know, but even I can't walk through walls" Taehyung nods dumbly to himself and walks to the door and unlocks it and opens it. The guy's words help him not to feel so embarrassed about the whole situation. Even so, Taehyung keeps his face down, shy to look at the brown-haired guy. "Hi there." the guy smiles at him and tilts his head to the side, trying to catch his gaze. Taehyung slowly lifts his head and their eyes meet. He hears the guy take a sudden breath and then cough into his hand to hide it. Taehyung isn't surprised, he probably looks like a total mess. "H-hi." Taehyung mutters back, cheeks slightly pink. The guy shoots Taehyung another smile, this time bigger. "My name is Min Yoongi I'm in the lineup for the new idol group Bangtan your the new trainee, right? Bang Pd-nim mentioned you since you just started last month" Taehyung blinked in surprise at that the CEO mentioned him. A cold shiver runs over his whole body, was it because he was falling behind he forces himself to nod. "Y-Yeah, I'm the new trainee." Yoongi simply lifts an eyebrow at him, waiting for a name. "Oh I'm Kim Taehyung" he blurts out when he finally realizes why Yoongi is looking at him and flushes a deep red. "Ok, Tae, can I call you that? " Yoongi smiles at him and Taehyung melts because wow, that is the most wonderful gummy smile and he nods. "You wanna go out for some lamb skewers? It's my go-to food when I'm stressed" Yoongi asked and Taehyung 's mind was spinning Yoongi wanted to spend time with him?  Taehyung says "B-but it's like one in the morning Yoongi-SSI " and Yoongi coughs " you can call me hyung" "Ah, o-okay" Taehyung swallows his throat feels dry. "Yoongi hyung, are you sure something will be open at this hour?" Yoongi smiles "I know my food, Tae" Yoongi boosts with overconfidence and grins at him "There is this one shop not far from here so you want to go with me?" Taehyung smiles and says " I'll love to eat with you Hyung I can't pass on free food after all " and Yoongi laughs at his comment. They go out for skewers and Taehyung finds himself smiling and having more fun than ever. He still feels shy but Yoongi Hyung's presence makes him feel safe. It feels like going to a beach right at dawn. It's so warm, reassuring, inspiring and so beautiful. Yoongi is all of those things and much more. Yoongi laughs, widely gesturing with the hand he holds the skewer with as he describes how one of his best friends tried to cook an egg and almost set the room on fire. His eyes are sparkling, and Taehyung almost falls off the chair trying to contain his laughter. (Can you guess what member Yoongi was talking about?)

~After eating~

Yoongi walks with him back to the trainee dorms, eyes warm as they walk next to each other. They talk, voices hushed not to disturb the quiet streets, and Taehyung feels lighter than he has in a long time. He wants to keep those moments forever close to his heart. Taehyung can't sleep and stays awake for another half an hour on the same night, for once not because he cannot sleep but because he doesn't want to. He keeps thinking about Yoongi and how he wants to hold onto this feeling a little longer.