Chapter 1

Authors Note: Hey everyone! Even if you don't know the show/characters, I'd appreciate if you still gave the story a chance and read it as a romance/soulmate novel. Fanfiction isn't generally my forte, but I wrote this early 2019 and shared it on Ao3. I decided to share it here as well since I have not been giving much new content. 

I hope you all enjoy and thank you so much for reading xoxo.

--

Everyone developed tattoos. They changed and moulded throughout your life, matching your soulmate's personality. The tattoos ranged throughout your bodyUniversity that only you and your soulmate could see. There were way too many interpreters trying to help find your soulmate. What bullshit.

Hisoka looks at his tattoos, they didn't change much. The black tattoos circle his biceps, patterns of only a few different things. Whoever his soulmate was, they sure liked needles. Of course, like anyone else, Hisoka tried to decipher the tattoos. Not with some interpreter, since they can't even see it. Hisoka wanted to figure out the tattoos himself.

Only you and your soulmate can see your tattoos. Hisoka longed for that day. Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy either. Tattoos weren't always in visible places like Hisoka's. For all he knows, his soulmates tattoos could be around their leg or on their back or somewhere he'll never see.

Hisoka mutters under his breath and stands up. He desperately wanted to meet his soulmate. To spoil them. To make them feel on top of the world. A knock on his bedroom door has him break from his thoughts and he answers.

Gon is standing there, eyebrows raised. "Thought you were walking me to school," Gon gives him a side-eyed look.

"Right," Hisoka rolls his eyes at the teenage boy. He walks Gon out. Hisoka and Gon enjoyed their daily walks, taking Gon to his annoying little high school only a little ways away from the university Hisoka attended.

Hisoka and Gon met on... Interesting terms. But became friends pretty quickly, despite the age difference. Gon was like a little brother to Hisoka now, no matter whether the kid liked it or not. Besides, not that Gon couldn't stand up for himself, but no one dared mess with Gon while they knew how close he was with Hisoka. Gon gave Hisoka some purpose, as silly as that sounds.

"Okay kid," Hisoka nods. "Got some super rich kids coming in, from some fashion school. Sound stupid or what?"

"I mean, if they help you with your fashion sense, I think they're pretty smart." Gon retorts.

"Why don't you look in a mirror," Hisoka responds dryly. "Anyway, I agreed to show them around town. You up to going tonight?"

"Sure," Gon hums in response and the bell to his school rings. "Catch ya later," he runs off.

Hisoka dejectedly walks back to their place. He didn't exactly want to take these people around tonight. He'd rather spend the Friday night at the club. He only agreed because of how well they were paying. It astonished him that these people were willing to pay so much for some random university student to show them around town.

A university student studying performance... He guesses fashion designers can go with a student in the performing arts.

Maybe they'd make him something to show their gratitude... Hisoka snickers at the idea as he enters his and Gon's apartment. Deciding he should look decent for the fashion kids. Hisoka applies his normal makeup, eyeliner that could cut and his traditional teardrop and star, one on each cheek. He pulls a beanie over his hair he didn't feel like styling up for the day. He glances over himself in the mirror. Hisoka looked... Hipster. He felt it was a bit of a performance kids attire. He had black ripped jeans with an oversized hoodie, a plain button up shirt poking out underneath. Hisoka could clean up nice...