Chapter 12

"Hisoka," says a soft voice. "Wake up."

Hisoka furrows his brow, feeling a hand playing with his hair. He opens his eyes, squinting up at Illumi who's wide dark eyes are staring at him.

"Morning..." Hisoka murmurs, closing his eyes again.

"Hisoka I'm bored," Illumi says, his hand still in Hisoka's hair. Hisoka sighs softly and opens his eyes again, looking at Illumi. He's propped up on one elbow, looking intently upon Hisoka.

"Then what do you propose we do?"

Illumi hums thoughtfully. "I have an idea..."

"That is?"

"I can't tell you. But we're going back to my place," Illumi suddenly pushes Hisoka off the bed, getting up himself and raiding Hisoka's closet. Both surprised and lazy, Hisoka watches him from the ground. "Get up," Illumi demands, hardly looking back at him.

"Bossy," Hisoka muses, slowly standing and walking over to Illumi. "What are you doing?"

"Picking out your outfit!" Illumi turns and shoves some clothes into his arms. "Change." He continues rummage after however. Pulling out clothes that he himself changes into, a soft pink cropped hoodie with matching joggers. Hisoka puts on the clothes Illumi gave him, a grey turtleneck tank top and jeans.

"Can I do my makeup?" Hisoka asks, glancing at himself in the mirror.

"If you put on the suspenders," Illumi shrugs, pointing to the piece Hisoka deliberately left out. He gives Illumi a look before putting them on. He sits at his vanity and starts doing his makeup. Illumi sits on the bench beside him, watching with obvious curiosity.

"Here," Hisoka chuckles, he gently grabs Illumis cheeks with one hand. "Close your eyes." Illumi obliges and Hisoka gently paints on a delicate winged liner. When Illumi opens his eyes, he inspects himself in the mirror.

"Peculiar," he murmurs. Hisoka laughs and finishes up the markings on his cheeks.

"Do you want me to make breakfast?"

"Please!" Illumi nods, leaving to go into the kitchen.

Hisoka makes Illumi eggs but halfway through Illumi eating them, he's scolded for not making any for himself. Illumi shoving the rest of his eggs over and forcing Hisoka to eat them. Hisoka only obliges because of the murderous gaze Illumi is giving. Then they head together to Illumi's hotel room, Hisoka rather lost at what they were doing.

The hotel room is empty, Machi gone and who knows where Killua and Gon were ever.

"We're gonna have a fashion show!" Illumi claps.

"Sorry, we're what now?" Hisoka raises an eyebrow as Illumi disappears and comes back rolling in a rack with a bunch of hanging clothes.

"You're gonna be my model!"

Hisoka doesn't have the slightest idea how he started walking in heels or how he modeled furry coats and patterned pants and lingerie and silly hats. But he did. He kept walking out in each outfit Illumi gave him. At some point, he believes he's mastered the model walk. A confident, quick paced, stride. Right after his realization of mastering the model walk, he had demanded music because what's a fashion show without it. Illumi made no comment on any of the outfits, but Hisoka could see how happy he is, despite his practically expressionless face. His eyes brimming with joy.

"Last one!" Hisoka hums, putting on high waisted, dark purple toned, skin-tight pants with golden markings in them, big red boots, and a coat that's basically red sleeves with a huge fur collar. Hisoka slides on the purple sunglasses and walks out. He strikes his last pose and Illumi starts clapping.

"You should become a model too," Illumi says, standing up and walking over, gently fluffing the fur from the coat.

"I think you're the only one who enjoys it," Hisoka chuckles.

"You have a good body for it. Small waist, broad shoulders, you really pull these looks to life. Plus you're fit," Illumi taps his chest with a knuckle. "You're beautiful."

Hisoka leans in close. "Glad you think so," he says in a whispery tone.

"Don't get full of yourself," Illumi retorts. "I'm just stating what anyone would."

"Mhm?" Hisoka moves himself closer so that his lips brush Illumi's. Illumi places two fingers over Hisoka's lips, pushing him away.

"Go change back into your other clothes before you ruin my beautiful creations," Illumi says and Hisoka laughs, walking back to where he had left them. When he's finished changing, he walks back out and freezes slightly, seeing Chrollo with Illumi.

"What's he doing here?" Hisoka's entire demeanour changes, becoming hostile. He and Illumi had been having such an amazing time... Alone together. They almost kissed, they slept in the same bed, they had made progress. Yet now he's here...

"Oh! I texted him, I want him to try on some of the outfits too. Get a different perspective of them." Illumi replies.

"I didn't mean to intrude on you two," Chrollo smiles softly.

"No need to worry, I was just on my way out anyway," Hisoka seethes.

"You were?" Illumi almost sounds disappointed. "Don't you want to see Chrollo in them?"

"I am quite alright. See you Illumi," Hisoka rather rudely leaves the room, curling his hands into fists. How could he have been so naive? Illumi didn't want Hisoka over to spend time together, he just needed Hisoka to see what his outfits would look like. And how could Illumi think Hisoka wanted to spend time with or see Chrollo? Hisoka couldn't exactly explain why they stayed the night together but clearly, it was just for Illumi's benefit. Not that Hisoka could blame Illumi, Hisoka wasn't exactly a person anyone wanted to really be friends with.

Hisoka was gross. His past was gross. Illumi did not need him... No, maybe Illumi deserved a rich, beautiful, man like Chrollo... One who wasn't so tainted. The thought made Hisoka's blood run cold. Hisoka was rich, questionable on the beautiful, and he was an artist, like Chrollo... But he doubted Chrollo had the past Hisoka had. Illumi didn't deserve someone as messed up as Hisoka. Illumi deserved the best. So if Illumi found pleasure in using Hisoka, he wouldn't be the first.

Hisoka frowns, why couldn't he be someone worthy of Illumi? Even Illumi wanted him to prove himself... He's useless...

Hisoka finds himself sitting on a park bench, watching people go by. Parents with kids too young to be in school walking about, elderly people reading or walking with their canes, a few college students gathered in the grass. It was pretty peaceful here. However, Hisoka's mind was anything but peaceful.

"You're giving off some pretty bad vibes, the kids are gonna be scared of you," Machi says, sitting next to him.

"I don't like kids," Hisoka scrunches up his nose. "Not little little ones." He explains while he watches a toddler scamper by.

"We have that in common," Machi muses. "So, have you and Illumi fucked yet?" Hisoka gives Machi a dark look and she snickers. "I'm just trying to help your relationship... I have a hunch something bad is gonna happen to Illumi soon. You better not be the one to cause it and you better be comforting him when it does."

"A hunch?"

"Yes, a hunch."

"You know what, I'm not going to question it."

"Good. Wanna get coffee?"

Despite the two being more or less on each other's throats the whole time they spoke, bickering over whatever they spoke of, they both had a good time. They were becoming what one may say, the most of unlikely of friends.