Chapter 19

The next morning Hisoka frowns, Illumi isn't in his arms. He rubs his eyes and sits up, looking around before hearing Illumi in the kitchen. Hisoka walks over to him to find him awkwardly standing at the stove, something smoking a little in the pan.

Hisoka walks over and removes the smoking pan, placing it in the sink and grabbing the tea towel, batting it to clear the smoke.

"I was trying to make breakfast..." Illumi pouts a little when Hisoka gives him a look.

"I will never trust you in the kitchen again," Hisoka laughs lightly, kissing Illumi's cheek before checking the blackened contents in the pan... Oh boy. Illumi appears frustrated but he quickly covers it. "Why don't we go out to eat, yeah?"

Illumi nods and takes the opportunity to dress Hisoka in an outfit of his choosing.

"Can I use Machi's makeup?" Hisoka hums and Illumi nods, disappearing to shower while Hisoka does his makeup. He smiles a little at himself and finishes as Illumi walks out of the bathroom, fully clothed, unfortunately.

"Come," Illumi holds out a hand and Hisoka smiles, taking it as they leave the apartment. Hisoka leads them towards a little cafe he really likes. Holding onto Illumi's hand so happily, he feels on top of the world. Illumi looks... Amazing. As always. His hair, still damp, shining in the sun, his eyes drinking everything in despite his expressionless face, high waisted jeans flattering his small waist. Hisoka wants to drink in the image forever, his hand in Illumi's.

Hisoka walks them inside and they take their seats together. Hisoka pulling the chair out for Illumi, earning an eye roll and a mocking thank you. Illumi instantly takes to the menu while Hisoka stares. He's missed Illumi more than anything. The sight of him is everything.

"Hisoka?" Illumi catches his gaze.

"Yes?" Hisoka responds smoothly.

"Why are you staring?"

"You're beautiful," Hisoka gives his million dollar smile only to be met with a gentle slap of the menu from Illumi.

"Choose your food," Illumi scolds.

The two sit in silence, besides when they order, though Hisoka never lets go of one of Illumi's hands, holding it over the table. Illumi hasn't protested yet, which is a plus.

Illumi pulls away when their food arrives and Hisoka pouts, earning yet another eye-roll.

"Eat please," Illumi pushes Hisoka's plate closer to him. "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine," Hisoka snorts, eating the croissant quickly, more interested in admiring Illumi. Illumi has a fancily made crepe, eating delicately, creating his perfect character. Illumi is delicate... strong, but delicate, soft, but stern, a perfect ensemble of traits. All for Hisoka.

"I like it here," Illumi hums.

"I'll take you every day if that's what you want," Hisoka responds, sitting tall in his chair. Smiling away at Illumi.

"I prefer your cooking," Illumi glances at him and then frowns. "Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"/Look/ like that, the girls go crazy," Illumi huffs.

Hisoka glances around the cafe, sure enough, girls were looking at him. But he also had makeup on, that could easily be the reason. "Don't worry, my eyes are only for you."

Illumi mutters something incoherent and finishes eating. He slaps a bill on the table and before Hisoka can protest, reaches for his hand.

"Come," Illumi demands once again. Hisoka chuckles and goes with him. "You have class later today."

"I do... But I can miss it for you."

"You're going to class Hisoka."

They bicker for a while before Hisoka agrees to go to class. Illumi had some decent points about skipping, but the real reason Hisoka agrees is because Illumi says he'll let him call him by some sort of pet name.

"Baby?"

"That's original," Illumi retorts.

"Pumpkin?"

"I'm not orange."

"Snookums," Hisoka tries his best to say it seriously, to see how Illumi reacts, bursting into laughter at the face Illumi makes.

"That's horrid."

Hisoka is interrupted to Machi calling him on his surprisingly not broken cellphone. "Where are you?" She asks when Hisoka picks up.

"Sorry, my love, should I have said I was going out?" Hisoka teases. "I'm going to class in a bit, I'll come home after, yeah? And cook you up something."

"You better cook something good to make up for you disappearing," Machi growls over the phone before hanging up.

"Call me that," Illumi says as soon as the phone call is done.

"Sorry?" Hisoka frowns, looking at Illumi.

"Call me 'my love,'" Illumi hums.

"I can't," Hisoka responds softly.

"Why not?" Illumi blows air aggressively out of his nose.

"Because I've never told you that I love you," Hisoka's voice is smooth and soft, Illumi clearly not expecting the sentence as Hisoka can see him trying to search for answers.

"Then when you say it, you can call me that pet name." Illumi's decision rings clear and a silence hangs over them for a moment. Neither of them has told the other they love them. But it seems implied by their actions... Despite that, now isn't the time.

"I have to go to class now, okay?" Hisoka stands, pecking Illumi's forehead.

"Okay... Can I come eat with you and Machi too?"

"I think that might be a good idea... We can explain the situation together."

***
Hisoka pants excessively as he sits against the mirror.

"Are you okay?" Frowns one of the girls. "We're gonna run through it again."

"I'm good," Hisoka waves her off. Despite this, his body feels like mush and he feels so fatigued it's insane. He stands and gets back into position for the dance.

Hisoka runs through the dance with his classmates, a dance which is really just supposed to be for fun, yet something feels wrong. Hisoka finishes what they have done and goes for his water, empty.

"I'll be right back," Hisoka waves, walking out to the fountain to fill his water bottle. Why do his knees feel like they're about to give out? Why is his head pounding... Wait, his world is spinning... Why is it spinning?

His body crumples beneath him and his water bottle clattering onto the ground is the last thing he hears.