Chapter 11

Hisoka paces in his living room, Machi sitting on his couch. Both worried and unsure of what to do next. Illumi still hadn't called and it was now night. What if something really bad happened to him? What if Hisoka never got to apologize for his pettiness and Illumi was like... dead... Oh, my gods what if he was murdered or something?

Machi's phone rings and she picks it up in a flash. "Hello?" The complete relief on her face when the person responds tells Hisoka exactly who it is and he plops beside her, his body feeling as though two tons were lifted off him.

In his moments of calming down, Machi passes the phone to him. "Illumi?" Hisoka says desperately to the man on the other end of the line.

"Hello Hisoka," Illumi hums. "I didn't realize you'd be so worried."

Hisoka practically growls into the phone. "Machi made it sound like you were dying," that was a fat lie, but he didn't want Illumi to really think anything of his excessive amount of phone calls or texts.

"Right well, my phone died. I met a man at the fashion show who took me out into the city for the night. We were just sharing as artists. He gave me a lot of inspiration," Illumi informs.

"For the night and the whole day?" Hisoka frowns, why would a man he just met take him out?

"We were sharing as artists!" Over the phone, Hisoka can tell Illumi is excited about what had just happened, that Illumi had had a good time.

"And we can't 'share as artists?'" Hisoka can feel something building up in his chest. Why didn't Illumi ever share his art with him? Sure he made Hisoka things, but he never talked about it, Hisoka had shown Illumi his dance...

"Chrollo is a writer. We were finding inspiration together. Our arts just go a little better together is all." Illumi responds.

Hisoka winces, so Illumi and Hisoka don't go together? Is that what Illumi is trying to say? "Where are you?"

"Chrollo's house. I had to charge my phone."

"I'll come pick you up."

"Chrollo can drive me home."

"I'll come pick you up," Hisoka repeats angrily. "What's the address?"

After getting the address from Illumi, Hisoka quickly gets ready to leave.

"Jealous, are we?" Machi muses, watching him run around.

"I would never..." Hisoka looks at her and sighs. "And what if I am?"

"You two need to get your damn relationship together already and fuck," Machi replies, looking back to her phone.

Hisoka shakes his head. "You said it yourself, Illumi is..."

"Illumi is a desperate bottom and I know you're a top."

"Machi!" Hisoka hisses.

"You two are perfect for each other! Honestly, if you can set aside your petty ego and Illumi can set aside his idea that mates are dumb, you two would see how truly perfect for each other you are."

"I don't think it's quite that simple..." Hisoka frowns as he thinks of how dirty a person he is. "Yeah, I don't think so at all..." He leaves to go pick up Illumi in his rather out of place fancy car, the one thing he did spend his money on.

He races through the streets, heading to where Chrollo lived. Why would Illumi spend so much time with a stranger? Illumi hardly spent that time with Hisoka and if he did, Machi or someone was with them.

Hisoka finds the house and walks to it, knocking on the door. A few moments later, a man opens the door. His hair is dark like Illumi's but much shorter, a bandana tied across his forehead. Dark eyes searched him for a moment before recognition flowed through them. "You must be Hisoka!"