𝐈. PROFESSOR SLUGHORN

CHAPTER ONEPROFESSOR SLUGHORN

CHAPTER ONE
PROFESSOR SLUGHORN

§ § §

"I killed Sirius Black!" Bellatrix's voice and laughed rang through my head.

I blinked slowly, Harry and Dumbledore waking me up. Camera flashed, making spots appear in my vision.

Numbness. That's what I felt. I felt numb; nothing. Emotionally, at least. Because I did feel Dumbledore wrap an arm around Harry and I and steer us towards the exit of the Ministry.

Looking straight ahead, I noticed that I was blinking tears out of my eyes. Sirius' death had just hit me. He was gone. He was gone. He would never be back.

Reporters shouted questions at Harry and I, waving their hands in our faces, their cameras snapping pictures of our devastated state with bright flashes. Dumbledore kept a firm grip around Harry and I as he led us out.

"He's back," Fudge's voice echoed.

I heard a yell. Voldemort's yell.

I sat up quickly, my eyes opening, breathing and sweating heavily. It was a nightmare. Well, actually, no it wasn't. That had really happened, I was just dreaming about it. Again.

Taking a deep breath, I shook my head and flipped the light on. I had been reliving that night over and over again in my head when I tried to sleep. And, this time, it wasn't Voldemort placing dreams in my head. It was my own, true, nightmares.

I checked the clock and saw that it was only ten forty-five. I had tried to go to sleep a little earlier, in hopes to actually fall asleep, but it didn't work.

Listening, I could hear laughs and yells coming from the downstairs floor, signaling that Fred and George were still awake. I decided to head downstairs with them to distract myself.

When I made my way into the living room they both looked at me, worried. "Stop giving me that look," I groaned, dropping onto the couch. "Everyone gives me that look these days."

"Sorry, Gip," George squatted on the floor next to where I was sitting. "Another nightmare?"

"Another nightmare," I said quietly and nodded. Fred dropped down next to me as well. I looked up at the t.v. and saw the news report. There were videos of the Death Eaters attacking Diagon Alley, and making a bridge collapse into the river in London. "Another London attack..." I sighed, dropping my head in my hands.

"Want to see the new shipment for the store?" He grinned. My eyes lit up and I nodded quickly. The twins leapt up and dragged a rather large box into the middle of the room. I opened it and saw all the new things they would be adding to their store tomorrow.

After they had set off their firework show at Hogwarts last year, they had already saved up enough money to buy a store in Diagon Alley. Which, now, seemed like a war zone. It was dark and dreary and not many people went there. Fred and George's store (Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes), however, was still bustling with crowds everyday.