𝐗𝐈𝐈. ICY CHRISTMAS

CHAPTER TWELVEICY CHRISTMAS

CHAPTER TWELVE
ICY CHRISTMAS

§ § §

"Ron's going out with who?" Fred asked, his eyebrows raised as I sat with him and George in their room, filling them in on everything that happened at Hogwarts.

"Lavender Brown. Real ditzy girl? Always hanging around with the Patil girl?" I said, as the twins tried to think of her.

"Weirdo who loved Divination and Trelawney?" George asked, and I nodded. "Well, Freddie, what d'you say we go have a talk with Ickle Ronniekins?"

"I'd say that's a fantastic idea, Georgie. Come along, Giovanna," Fred smirked, and I followed the two boys as we descended the stairs and walked to the kitchen, where Harry and Ron were cutting sprouts.

"Oh, Ickle Ronniekins!" George called. "What we heard from Giovanna and Ginny is something about you and a young lady called Lavender Brown."

Ron blushed and shot them a glare, saying, "Mind your own business."

"What a snappy retort," Fred shook his head. "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was... how did it happen?"

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?"

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!" Fred called.

Mrs. Weasley entered the room just in time to see me laughing at Ron, who had chucked his knife at Fred. Fred lazily waved his wand and the knife turned into a paper airplane.

"Ron! Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!" Mrs. Weasley yelled at him.

"I won't," he said, "let you see," he added quietly, and I smirked.

"Remus is arriving tonight, so I'm sorry, Fred, George, but Bill will have to share your room." Mrs. Weasley told the twins and they nodded. "Seeing as Charlie isn't coming home, that leaves Harry and Ron in the attic, and then there's Fleur-"

"Fleur?" I asked, wheeling around. "Fleur Delacour?"

"Haven't you heard?" Ron asked, his new knife pointed at me. I pushed the blade aside, moving his hand away. "Bill and Fleur are getting married."

"What?" I asked, thoroughly surprised.

"Honestly, do you live under a rock, woman?" George mocked.

"And, Mrs. Weasley, did you say Lupin was coming?" I asked, and she nodded. I smiled a little, excited to see him again.

"Yes, yes. But I'm sure Fleur could stay in Ginny's room and Ginny could stay with you in your room, Giovanna," Mrs. Weasley continued, and I nodded.