𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. A REAL TALENT

CHAPTER EIGHTA REAL TALENT

CHAPTER EIGHT
A REAL TALENT

§ § §

Madam Hooch's seemed to ring louder than I remembered as Eli and I stood on the Quidditch pitch. She was leading the first years out for their next flying class, and they seemed very excited once they saw Eli and I.

"They like you?" I ask, smirking at the older boy.

"Oh, yeah," He smirked. "They all love me. Right guys? Yell if you love me!" He called to the group gathering around their brooms.

Instantly, they all started cheering loudly, causing Madam Hooch to death glare Eli as she calmed them down again. I raised my eyebrows at him, impressed.

"Wow. You showed me." 

"Mhm," He winked. "How's the team coming along, captain?"

"It's going great, Jones," I glared at him. "I don't mean to brag-"

"Yes, you do."

"Alright, maybe I do, but that's besides the point. Flint was a decent captain, and Montague was absolute rubbish. But I feel like they really get me, and I really get my tactics and ideas across easily with them." I explained.

"Did you threaten them to agree with you and do as you say for the whole year?" Eli laughed as I shoved him.

"No. I guess it also helps that we have a few new people in it, too." Eli looked at me, clearly unaware. "Well, Draco quit. Which, I take offense to, if we're being honest. He was a chaser last year, but this year he's not doing it. The year I'm captain."

"His loss," Eli said firmly. "You're the best player I've ever seen. If I could get captained by you, I totally would."

I grinned. "Thanks. But since he left, Crabbe and Goyle left too. But I hated them being there anyways. So we got new beaters, Nott and Bole. And Blaise Zabini is the new chaser, since Draco dropped. Surprisingly, he's really good. And it's a relief to have someone I can stand on the team, too."

"That's good. I heard Weasley got Gryffindor's keeper? And the Weasley girl is a chaser?" Eli asked, and I nodded.

"Yup. Our first match against Gryffindor is tomorrow. I don't usually get nervous playing against Harry, but now that I'm up against Harry, Ron, and Ginny... well, it's a bit pressuring." I shifted on my feet and laughed as a first year's broom whacked him in the face.

"Like I said, you're the best. You'll do great."

"I hope. There's an extra internal pressure to do amazing, since Harry and I are both newly captains this year. I just feel like whoever wins this match is who everyone will see as the better Potter captain, you know?" I frowned.

"Well, you'd better win then," Eli smirked. "Come on, now, we've got work to do." He led me over to the first years and clapped his hands to get all of their attention. "Now, everyone, what are we not going to do?"