𝐗𝐗𝐈. AND I, THEIRS

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONEAND I, THEIRS

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
AND I, THEIRS

§ § §

"Giovanna."

"No."

"Giovanna... come with me..."

"No."

Harry walked over and grabbed my hand, causing me to drop the rings Draco had just gave back to me. Hot tears making their way down my face, I raised my wand and muttered, "Incendio."

I watched as the silver and green metal caught on fire, the words Snake Boy and Serpent Girl melting until the rings were a puddle of molten silver. However, I didn't turn to walk with Harry, I stayed standing still.

"Giovanna, please, he isn't coming back. He's gone; disapparated," Harry took my hand now that it was free.

"No.. don't..." I whispered, blinking tears out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry, but it's true," He said gently. "Dumbledore... we have to get to Dumbledore."

Our headmaster's name struck something in me, because I looked quickly up at Harry, and then nodded. Together, hand in hand, we made our way back to the castle.

The courtyard was filled with students, as I had predicted when running out. All of their heads turned when they saw Harry and I, whispers and murmurs filling the air as we pushed through the crowd.

Everyone had backed away from the body, and Harry and I walked forward, falling to our knees by Dumbledore's side. Harry brushed his long and silver hair out of his face, and I closed his eyelids under his half-moon spectacles.

I sniffed, knowing full well that I would not be able to stop my tears right now. Not after Dumbledore, not after Draco. Harry held my hand tightly, and I knew he was crying, too.

Ginny walked forward and dropped down on the other side of Harry, who leaned into her, his head resting on her shoulder. This only made me tear up more, seeing their love when mine had just ended.

Luckily, Eli walked over and held me close. I sobbed into his chest, his comforting embrace being the thing that broke me completely. All around us, the professors and students were raising their wands, light on the tips of all of them.

Through the blurry vision of my tears, I looked up at the sky. The lights from all of the wands had caused a break in the Dark Mark in the sky. Soon enough, it had gone completely once all of the lights were shining up.

I lowered my head to Eli's chest once more.

The next day, I sat with Ron on the platform Dumbledore had sat on not twenty-four hours earlier in the Astronomy tower. Harry and Hermione stood at the balcony, looking out on the setting sun.

Harry was showing her the Horcrux. Well, the fake one. I had opened it last night only to see that all it held was a piece of paper. A letter, at that.

To The Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this
but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B

"Do you think he would've done it?" Hermione asked. "Draco?"

I winced and looked away from the two, turning to Ron who gave me a sad but supporting smile. I tried to return one but couldn't. Every time I thought of Draco, everything inside me hurt.

"No," Harry told her. "No, he was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape. It was always Snape. And we did nothing."

Wanting to argue, I opened my mouth, but in finding out I didn't have the energy to do so, I closed it again.

Hermione looked at the letter that was in the locket once more, reading it again. "R.A.B..."

"Dunno," Harry said, then looked at Ron and I. I shrugged and Ron shook his head. "Whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. It means it was all a waste."

"Don't," I whispered.

Hermione and Harry talked to each other once more, and I picked up on the word Ginny. Ron turned to me, a slight grin on his face.

"Oh yeah!" He exclaimed. "Did you hear that Harry and Ginny have something going on?" I shook my head. "Slimey git... snogging my sister..." He shook his head but smirked.

"I'm not coming back, Hermione," I heard Harry say. "I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And, I don't know where that'll lead me, but I'll let you and Ron know where I am when I can. Assuming Giovanna wants to come with me."

I shook my head and shared an incredulous look with Ron. Even though I was barely happy at all, a grin did creep it's way onto my face.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry," Hermione told him, "but sometimes you can be really thick. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry."

Ron stood and offered his hand. I took it and, together, we walked over to Harry and Hermione, standing beside them.

"I never realized how beautiful this place was," Harry said as we looked out over the towers of Hogwarts and the Black Lake, all surrounded by the Forbidden Forest in the setting sun.

Above us, the familiar phoenix song of Fawkes filled the air as he flew amongst the light blue sky and clouds.

Ron was still holding my hand, and Harry took my other one, Ron taking Hermione's on the other side of him. I took a deep breath, feeling a few tears fall from my eyes.

I had no idea what the future held for them or me, but I knew they would always be by my side.

And I, theirs.