𝐗𝐕𝐈. THE DEATH OF ARAGOG

CHAPTER SIXTEENTHE DEATH OF ARAGOG

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
THE DEATH OF ARAGOG

§ § §

Draco and I walked hand in hand into the Great hall the following week, earning many stares and whispers. It had been no secret that we had been fighting all year, and many were surprised to see that we were still together.

I would've thought a week in the hospital wing with the daily dittany pick-me-ups and catching up on sleep would've helped Draco get better, but he was always as pale and worried as before. Assuming it was about the conversation he had had with Snape, I said nothing, since I wasn't supposed to know.

"The king and queen are still going strong!" A voice exclaimed. Eli was walking towards us, his arms out. I laughed and hugged him. "Let's go, big guy. Just because you got some cuts doesn't mean you're too manly for a hug."

"I really hate you, Jones," Draco smirked as Eli pulled him into our group hug. Eli just grinned back.

A throat cleared behind us and we pulled away to see Hermione standing there. "Hey, Hermione, what's up?" I asked.

"I have to talk to you," She said, glancing at Draco.

Sighing, I stepped towards her. "Yeah, alright." I followed her out of the Great Hall and into the entrance hall.

I stopped in my tracks when I saw that she was leading me to where Harry was standing with Ron. "Absolutely not," I tried to turn, but Hermione grabbed my arm and pulled me over to them.

Crossing my arms, I pretended not to hear Harry as he tried to apologize. "Oh, Giovanna, can't you just-" Ron tried.

"Can't I just what?" I seethed, glaring daggers at Harry. "He almost killed Draco! He used a stupid spell from a stupid book carelessly because he didn't even know what it did."

"I got rid of the book," Harry said quietly. "Ginny and I went to the Room of Requirement and she hid the book for me."

"Oh, I bet you and Ginny were playing a fair game of hide the zucchini while you were in there, huh?" I scowled, and Harry blushed deeply, Ron looking confused.

"I'm sorry, okay! But I'm not going to forget about the time he also poisoned my sister-" Harry began.

"We don't know that."

"Yes, we do."

Hermione cleared the silence by saying, "Harry, how about you tell Giovanna what I brought her here for."

"I'm going to try to get that memory from Slughorn today. I'll use the Felix Felicis. Do you want to come? You can have some of it too," Harry told me.

I was still livid with him and didn't plan on talking to him or forgiving him soon. "I'm still not over this, and I'm still mad, but I'll come. Just to get the memory."