CHAPTER 4: DRUNK AND FURIOUS

Natalia widened her eyes as the five-foot-tall monster dropped down right next to us, and she shouted, "Run!"

I hate it when people do that; telling me to run in the face of danger. I mean, what did you think I was gonna do? Stand there?

We ran for dear life while the monster rushed at us. We ran right out of the alley and down the street, but the next time I looked back, there were five other monsters exactly like it chasing us. "How is that even possible?!" I shouted.

"I told you, "Natalia ran in front of me. Dang, she was fast. "No monster within twenty miles will stop at destroying the Eye!"

"Why does it have to be twenty?!"I yelled as we turned a corner. Just then one of them landed in front of us. Natalia didn't even think before she used her purple ball to blast it to dust. We sped forward as I asked, "You can kill these snake-dogs?!"

"Snake-dogs?!" she said, then answered, "Yeah, but I can't waste my energy on blasting them down! We'll need to find save haven!"

I just wanted to go home. I was missing Monday night football for a pack of funny-looking animals. "We can go to my house! You think they'll attack there?!"

"No," she said, "Any monster that even goes near the household of Jack Fate is asking for instant death. We'll be safe there."

"Wait, "I processed what she said, "You knew my Dad?!"

"I'll explain when we stop running for our lives!" she yelled. I noticed that the number of snake-dogs was multiplying stupidly fast. At least a dozen of them were running and bounding across rooftops, their eyes fixed on the Eye. I placed the pouch in my pocket as Natalia and I ran into another street. The number of monsters behind us had increased to twenty, and was increasing by the second.
Natalia noticed that, too, so she said, "Go on! I'm right behind you!" as she stopped.

I stopped, too, and said, "I can't. We have to go together-"

"Just shut up and run!" she yelled as she stretched her hands at a car. Purple mist instantly surrounded it, and Natalia made a hard shove with her hands. The car flew back at the snake-dogs and killed at least a dozen of them, but others just leaped above it and continued rushing at us.

Car well spent.

"Crap," she muttered, and we continued. Two dogs leaped down at us, and I yelled, "Natalia! Watch out!"

Instinctively, she dodged one, but the other slammed her down. I gave it's head the hardest kick I could, and it staggered back, giving Natalia time to shoot it to dust with a purple ball. She got up as we continued running from the increasing army of monsters.

When we got to the next street, I recognized it, which could mean only one thing:

We were at least a mile from my house. Emphasis on 'at least'.

"If we keep going like this, we'll never make it to my house!" I said to Natalia.

"If that's true," she pointed at a motorcycle, "Then we're gonna have to pick up the pace! Let's go!"

"A motorcycle?!"I yelled, to which she snapped, "Got any bright ideas,blond-boy?!"

I didn't, so we ran to the motorcycle.
As we ran to it,Natalia yelled, "Alright,I'll shoot down the monsters,you drive."

"Drive?!"I exclaimed, "How the heck am I supposed to do that?!"

We got to the motorcycle as she looked at me. "You've never driven a motorcycle before?!" she questioned, "How are you still alive?!"

"You've driven a motorcycle before?!" I questioned, "How are you still alive?!"

She shook her head and said, "Sit,I'll teach you."