CHAPTER 13: BULL-SHIT JUST GOT REAL

I opened my eyes, and saw nothing but darkness.

Confused, I tried to move and realized I couldn't. It looked like I was in some kind of box, like I was trapped or something.

That's when I heard a voice outside whatever I was trapped in. "They are here?"

"Yes," another voice said, deeper this time, "The potion lord Apep handed to me was very useful in keeping them asleep. They are in these coffins as we speak."

Coffins?

"Are you sure they are asleep?" the first one asked, "Lord Apep was clear; No mistakes. They may look like mortals, but I assure you they are far stronger. If any of them awakens it is our doom."

"Don't be so paranoid, brother," I heard the second one laugh, "The potion we injected the eagle with was a strong one, even for our demons. It would've killed a mere mortal within minutes. These chosen ones are in such a state that lord Apep would have no problem in devouring them. For the next twenty-four hours, they'll be as sound asleep as in a coma."

So that was why I woke up. I'd barely eaten the eagle last night, because for some reason it made me feel nauseous. I gave it over to Mac, who devoured it like the very devil.

"The Eye?" the first one questioned.

"In my possession," the second one answered, "I assure you that I have left no stone unturned in this mission. All I have to do is take this cart and the Eye to lord Apep, and he shall destroy the Eye and kill these children. I tell you, brother, there is no fear we shall have of these mortals."

"They are not mortals, brother," I heard the first one walk around, his feet sounding like...hooves? "Anyone who can wield the sword of fire is too powerful to be called mortal. And their strengths? It would be risky to take chances. Which reminds me, where are their weapons?"

"A girl's whip is in my possession," the second one answered, "They held no other weapons. Worry not, brother. Tonight, the world would be at our feet. All the monsters and demons in this world have been summoned by lord Apep. Even dragons from East Asia and baboons from Central Africa shall be present. Lord Apep would destroy the Eye, slaughter these puny mortals in their coffins, and we all shall charge as one to destroy the world with unity the gods themselves could not muster. By midnight, brother, the world shall feel the true wrath of the sons of chaos!"

I gulped. Midnight?

I heard the two demons walk away, and the cart began to move. I knew that if I didn't do something soon, that if I didn't stop them, Apep's next meal would be mostly human. And I'd be the main course.

But what could I do? I was in a tight coffin, and I couldn't even budge.

I tried moving my hands. I could move them just fine, but not by much. I turned my palms so they rested on either side of the coffin, and as I felt it, I realized it was made of metal. 

Crap. Well, that helps.

Then I realized; a metal coffin would have a lid to cover it. All I need to do is push the lid with enough force to throw it right off its hinges. But that's Mac's specialty. So how-

You can literally thrust fire fifteen feet straight, my brain reminded me, And that's with just one hand and not even thirty percent of your power. And you think you can't blow this box right open?

Oh, the rest of my body said.

I inhaled(Not like there was much to inhale, anyway), pressed my hands up so my palms touched the coffin lid, and ejected all the fire I could.