CHAPTER 8: FAST AND RIDICULOUS

Hannah's plan was ridiculous. Completely, absolutely, without a doubt, ridiculous.

So we stuck to it.

The first thing we did was sneak out of school and run off to Hannah's hideout. Once we got there, Mac said, "So, genius, what's your big idea?"

Hannah took off her shoes as she said, "At this point, Jones has probably become the target for every monster in the state."

"Yay, "I muttered, then Natalia perked up, "Actually, considering that he's been with the Eye since last night, he's probably the target of every monster in the United States."

My day just keeps getting better and better.

Mac turned to me and smiled, "Well, look at the bright side, Jones. You're famous, now."

"Anyway, "Hannah said, "Jones is more of an asset to us, since he's chosen by Amun-Ra himself. We'll need to get to the Sword's location fast, or we're screwed. For all we know, word's spreading that the Eye of Ra is here, so we'll have to prepare ourselves to face an army of monsters," she walked over to one of her tables and stepped out of her shoes. Then she picked up a pair of boots with green and brown stripes. As she wore them, she said, "First, we'll need to get to the airport."

"Airport?"Mac asked, "Why? You got plane tickets for us or something?"

"And why are you wearing those boots?"I asked out of curiosity.

"Gravi-boots," she answered, "They can alter their polarization to the earth's core by responding to my brainwaves, thus enabling the soles to either gain or lose weight according to my will."

I don't know who was more confused: Me, Mac, or Natalia.

Hannah rolled her eyes, "They can be either super-heavy or super-light, depending on the glow it emits."

"Oh," I said, but Natalia said, "Well, we don't have all day. What's your plan?"

Hannah snapped her fingers, the sliding door opened, and I kid you not, a jeep rolled into view.

It was an old jeep, sure, but it had new tires, four thrusts, and it kinda looked like the last car you want to run into in an accident.

She smiled and said,"Hop in. I'll tell you all the plans in the car."

--------------------------------------------------------

"So, let me get this straight," Mac said, "Jones here says, 'We're on a mission to raise the gods', Hannah says, 'the gods of Egypt chose you to fight this big ugly snake', and the hot chick says-"

"My name is Natalia!" she interrupted him from the front passenger seat.

Mac ignored her, "That we have to protect the Eye and place it on some obelisk that is heavily guarded by said big ugly snake."

He laughed and said, "What have I gotten myself into?"

"More importantly, "Natalia muttered, "Why are you even here?"

Mac shrugged, "It just feels right, I guess. Plus, I'm Jones' best friend, so if he's going on a deadly mission to save the world, it's my duty to make sure he doesn't get killed."

Beside Mac, I was looking outside the window, feeling a bit apprehensive. "Are you guys sure we won't be attacked by monsters anytime soon?"

Natalia shrugged, "We're in a moving car. There's no way those monsters will pick up the Eye's aura."

I was about to believe her when we got attacked by a monster that picked up the Eye's aura.

Something slammed on the car hood, and when I looked, I saw a tiger with six eyes.