3rd Movement

"You have everything you need?"

"Yep"

Mama eyed my violin like its some kind of destructive weapon, I touched her face and gave her a kiss in the forehead.

"Come on mama, you know that I can't live without my instrument."

"Well, I just want you to have some fun without thinking of anything related to music"

I laughed at her as she began to explain her side and when she sees that I'm not going to leave my violin behind she gave up and pouts at me.

"Ma, you're not a teenager anymore to act like that"

Her eyebrows creased and she let out a sign.

"I know, I know. Come on we don't want you to be late for your flight or your father would have a second thought about you leaving. I should not asked him in the first place."

That night when mama asked daddy if I could take a vacation, a breather from my daily life it's the first time my dad looked like he's going to hurt mama because of it. Of course he loves my mom so much but the thought of me having a vacation makes him uncomfortable, I guess. But in the end he just nodded and stormed at their bedroom, mama said that it's not a success but still she pack my things in a hurry and book my flight as soon as possible.

"Cloud would meet you at the airport okay, don't go anywhere "

I nodded and bid my farewell, I even see that she's teary eyed. Mothers tend to be emotional, my mother is a good example of it. Especially, treating me like a ten year old kid.

The flight would take a day so I buckled up my playlist and some movies that I could watch.

When I was about to take a nap that's when the flight attendant asked me if I needed something. I just stared at her, really? What is she doing here? She was also taken aback like she sees some ghost.

"Arri, I'm glad that you're fine"

"Never knew that I would see you here, Sanya"

I mentioned that I don't have any friends as I recalled, but I do have a bestfriend. Sanya is a year older than me, she lives just a block away from me and dreams about being a flight steward cause well their pretty and all. I paused the piece that I'm listening to so that my whole attention is in her.

"Can we talk for a second? "

I nodded, I'm not the type of person who talks a lot but I think that we really need to talk or clear some things.

"You know that I'm really sorry about what happened right? I don't know what to do that time"

"Well, you can asked for help maybe. Instead helping that girl to take my position as a soloist at the music uni"

I'm already a soloist before I even had my degree but having a solo in the music university is something that I dream of, I want to feel that I own this hardship but instead I'm sent at the hospital.

"I'm really sorry"

I looked at her with disgust and left her. The moment I sit back at my seat I played the piece that I'm listening to and try to think about that day. If no one sees me, maybe I could even play my instruments in this day.

Reminiscing the past is one of my thing, you see I have Dilated cardiomyopathy or DMC I inherited it from my grandfather at my mother fathers', this type of illness occurs when your heart muscle is too weak to pump blood efficiently. The muscles stretch and become thinner. This allows the chambers of your heart to expand. Also know as the enlarged heart.