9th Movement

Third Person Point of View

Cloud, Eddy and Brett started their day at Cambridge, Massachusetts being lost. The last time Cloud visited Arri's place is when they celebrate their 16th birthday together, both of them has the same birth date but in different year.

"Dude, you should asked someone, we've been driving in circles! "

Eddy is already tired from the flight and now the trip in finding Arri's house make him feel his jetlag more.

"Or at least get our things in our flat, it's 5am in the morning!"

Brett who's seating at the backseat has the whole of it and just lay their motionless, while Cloud is already pressured with the directions.

"Okay, okay. Mate check the address of our flat then we could get some rest before meeting Arri"

Eddy's face lit up with the news of getting some rest. He immediately typed the address in his phone and instantly see the directions. The three of them arrived at their flat and bring their things. They would be staying for three days and would go back at Brisbane. Cloud just want Arri to cheer up and he knew that he's mates would do a good job at it. Being her friend the last time she was in Australia.

Before they even get all their stuff, the three of them lay in their beds. The flat consist of two bedrooms, a livingroom, a kitchen and a bathroom. They decided that if Brett and Eddy would film they would use the spare bedroom. So Cloud get the mattress and put it at the floor near the windows, while Brett and Eddy got the bed for themselves.

"We should film something, our fans keep saying that we should check our reddit"

Brett is reading using the twoset social media accounts and checking their community.

"I'll arrange the lights and camera"

Cloud stands up and ready everything, afterwards Eddy gets ready as well as Brett.

"Let's do the ling ling 40 hours!"

With much enthusiasm, Eddy started with the intro with Brett on his tail. For that moment Cloud decided to take a nap. After filming, Brett and Eddy make sure Editor-san could edit it even he's in Brisbane. Seeing Cloud laying like a starfish make the both of them envy him. All of them are tired, and starts to drift away to dreamland.

***

Instead of going out of my room, I stayed at my comfortable bed and listen to a new song release by another band named Ben&Ben at the Philippines, both of the songs that I'm listening to is pure Filipino language when some of the lyrics that I don't know would pop up I make sure to search for a translation of it.

I put my earphones before going out when I feel hungry, when I arrived at the kitchen not even a silhouette of my mother or father would be found. And that is uncommon, mama would be outside watering the plants or inside our house doing some random stuffs like cleaning and such. I ignored it and just eat my breakfast, looks like they already eat theirs because the only meal in the dining table is for one person. After eating, I washed the dishes and sit at our sofa. This time I tried listening to the next music.

"I own those lands! So stop pestering me!"

I jolted from my seat when I hear my mom shouting at someone, it comes from the master's bedroom. I got up and tried to peak at their room, mama's there and talking to someone in her phone.

"Our father make sure that those lands and business are under my name! And even though I make sure that our siblings has their share!"

"What are you doing?"

I jumped in surprise when I saw Cloud, Brett and Eddy infront of me. And for the first time in my life, I'm not glad that they are here.

"Shhh"

Cloud knew in an instant and bring Eddy and Brett closer to the door. Do they really need to eavesdrop with me?

"That's for my Arri, I had enough of them. I gave their share which will make their lives easy for the rest of their lives. And make sure that, what would Arri gets would be enough for her and her future family. It's not even that big!"

"Are they talking about that land and business, Auntie left in the Philippines? "

I nodded at Cloud and that clear up the confusion in Brett and Eddy's face.

"Why do they need to get it? My poor Arri, my poor poor baby. I just want her to live her life in ease and happiness, her father already makes it hard for her"

Tears started to quell from my eyes, I don't want to hear it but my mind tells me otherwise.

"I would come there with Arri, she's already in a legal age. I would transfer everything to her and I don't want to hear anything from them. Not just being a musician is something that the world doesn't recognized for it's hardship doesn't mean my Arri needs to suffer for being penniless! "

The four of us look at each other, my mom just gave a harsh truth and it's not just me who heard it.

I started walking towards the sofa and buried my face in my hands. I feel Cloud sit next to me and embrace me.

"Calm down, we don't want you to have another arrest don't we? "

But instead of stopping, I cried my heart out. I cried everything.

"All I want is to play, to hear my music, to reach out, to be remembered and for my memories to last forever in everyone's mind. Is that hard? Why does it need to be hard?"

The three of them look away when I started it. But I kept going, I don't want it to be buried in my heart anymore. I want to voice it out.

"Daddy wants me to be a perfect musician, to be like those Gods of playing their instruments. Do I need to sell my soul to the devil just like how they say it with Paganini? I didn't even think he sold his soul. I knew he loves what he's doing and make sure to put all his dedication to it. The composer composed such piece because of what they got through in life, it's their experience! I need to feel something like that too. I'm not a robot or something that would make everything perfect for my dad"

I drank the glass of water Cloud get for me and continue to talk.

"My mom just want the best for me, she wants me to live my life to the fullest but why do they need to get something that she work hard for me, for us. That land and business, yes they came from my grandfather but she make sure that it would be a success for us, for her family. She even gave many of it to her relatives and now here they are stabbing her because they want it, they want all of it"

I paused and took a deep breath, this one is the most hurtful in everything I just said.

"I know that every savings my mom and dad has is gone, they used everything for my medication last time. I know it, and they didn't even used up the money that I saved, and the money that my mom get from her business goes straight to my bank account! I'm too selfish, I want to run away from my father but I knew that the money I'm getting paid for is something that could help us"

"Sorry, I knew that you came a long way just to see my baby, but could you give us a moment."

The three of them nodded and I watch them leave while my mom hugged me tightly that I cried again in her shoulders.

.
.
.

Song used:

Sa susunod na habang buhay- ben&ben
https://youtu.be/yB2J6kXxJIY

Masyado pang maaga- ben&ben
https://youtu.be/2_9HcrAIg1k