hurt

"said i didn't need to feel empty inside, told me she'll love me as long as she's alive."

/katsuki hates feelings

"Have you guys seen Kacchan?" The boy heaved, leaning on the doorframe with an arm slung over his chest. His classmates called out to him in relief, but it couldn't quell the silent downpour inside. The desire to make things right, it was second nature to him.

"He left a while ago and (Name)-chan followed him," Asui answered, speech slurred by her tongue. Midoriya sighed, a mixture of relief and surprising disappointment. "Yeah, I'm fine." He sat at his desk, easing their concern over his health.

"Blowing up half the building over a battle trial...a little overboard don't you think?" Uraraka rested against the desk beside him, chuckling nervously, "He had me worried for my life."

I blew up the other half though. Midoriya grimaced to himself, as he wondered how his middle school friend was holding up. If anyone could handle that tyrant, it had to be her.

"Speaking of them," Mina sauntered over to their group. "Don't you think it's weird? I mean (Name)-chan is so friendly, and Bakugou is..." she brought an index finger to her cheek, eyes inquisitive like a toddler.

School only started a few days ago, but most students' formed an opinion the moment the blond opened his mouth, and his companion closed hers to stifle a laugh.

"Hey Midoriya, didn't you all go to the same middle school? Tell us the deets!" He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he thought over the invisible girl's question.

"I don't know her as well as Kacchan," he began after a moment of contemplation. "But I know she wasn't always like that."

Actually, they were both different from back then - but even if he tried, no one would believe the blond's temper used to be worse than now. He'd known (Name) for three years, and Katsuki over triple.

They were a walking anomaly, but it was clear there were parts they didn't show to anyone else. If not, there was no explaining why they acted the way they did; why they endured each other's company.

If anything, they looked like a match made in hell. He yelled at her with the heat of a lion out for blood, and she provoked him with an insatiable hunger, despite the longing in both of their eyes.

"Let's fight." She said with such conviction, Midoriya's eyes almost flew out of their sockets. It was the girl who transferred to their class in the spring. Did she know who she was challenging? He would rip her to shreds!

A loud and somehow visible growl came from Katsuki as he whipped his head around in a fierce glare. Lightning zipped up Midoriya's spine rooting him in place, stuck between telling her to run before it was too late, or him running away himself.