confession

"if I die, don't wake me. cause you were more than just a dream."

/(name) admits it

/(name) admits it

"Dabi, take off his restraints." The man who introduced himself as 'Shigaraki' directed, setting the half-empty glass of whiskey on the counter.

"No thanks," the taller male crossed his arms, unbudging from the wall he leaned on. "This one's gonna fight you know. Twice, you do it."

Katsuki's eyes narrowed in recognition. It didn't go unnoticed, palms twitching ever so slightly at the twisted amusement on Dabi's face. This was all a game to them.

Of course they were free to do whatever the fuck they wanted. They had nothing left to lose.

"It's fine. We need to treat him like an equal," Shigaraki mediated as the lock over his wrists clicked open. "Besides, you can tell who's gonna win in this situation, right?"

The room was a decent size, but it hardly mattered since they had him circled. He scanned the area again, locking eyes with the girl by the door who giggled and bared her fangs. Any chance of escaping looked risky with that deranged bitch guarding the exit.

"Well, what do you say Katsuki?" Dabi taunted as the last set of handcuffs clanked against the ground. "Wanna help us out? Bet your girlfriend's already on the way."

They only needed to kidnap one, whichever was more convenient, Shigaraki explained earlier. From there, it would be easy to slide a couple threats and coerce the other into following.

Seeing as they somehow found them at the festival, it was clear someone was keeping tabs. It wasn't out of their reach.

The air was still as Katsuki rubbed the tender marks on his arms, almost as if he was considering it.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but (Name)'s not coming." Knowing that dumbass, she'd come even if it meant going alone, but he'd rather die than work with these scumbags. "You guys like harassing people, right?"

"Don't fucking bother. I'm not one of you." Watching his hero on TV like everyone else, dreaming of it and chasing it until winning was all he knew — that was the difference.

He'd be a winner like All Might and nothing would ever change that.

"People like you," sparks flickered between the crevices of his fingers as the heat he honed and trained for years flooded his veins. If he gave in now, they'd get (Name) too.

"Should eat shit and die!"

What if he died?

(Name) kept her head down. The floor tiles were a good distraction, reflecting pearlescent lights she'd never get used to. Midoriya laid on the hospital bed, body broken, choking on shaky sentences.