crush

"tell [him], baby we ain't got that long."

/(name) is an oblivious little shit

Today marked the start of their internships. Seven days of gruelling work and training, in hopes of patrolling and kicking ass at some point.

Class 1-A met earlier that morning for a final lesson from their teacher, and some less than encouraging 'words of wisdom' which proved Aizawa was scary when he wanted to be.

After that, most of their classmates dispersed throughout the station in groups by prefecture, minus (Name) and Katsuki among a few others who were situated locally.

Conveniently enough, their friends were all travelling in the same direction. That explained why Aizawa's burning gaze lingered on them a little longer than the rest, a glimmer of expectation behind the usual stern look.

The train screeched to a stop, forcing a strong breeze through the terminal and over the students chatting, half bursting with excitement.

"Agh, the wind is messing up my hair!" Mina waved her hands around, cursing as the doors slid open in another puff of air. "Hey!-"

"It'll be fine!" (Name) glomped her friend, ruffling the top of her head like a puppy before giving a final, reluctant squeeze. "I'll miss you."

No one would stick their nose in her business for an entire week. And as reliving as that was, a gap would surely form in Mina's absence. The same went for the boys. Her days wouldn't be the same without the annoying bickering.

"You guys are acting like we're off to college." Kaminari teased, as the girls continued to hug. "Women, am I right?" He nudged the taller boy beside him whose eyes rolled to another dimension.

"You say that like you're any better," Sero muttered under his breath, moving toward the doors with a wave. "Take care, guys."

"Yeah, thanks for seeing us off!" Kirishima grinned, still surprised their short-tempered friend tagged along, even if it wasn't willingly.

"Whatever," said boy gruffed in reply, looking off to the side. (Name) beamed back, struck with an almost parental sense of pride at the sight of her friends boarding.

"See you in a week!!" She yelled as the train took off, gaining weird looks from the people nearby.

"Shut the hell up." Katsuki sneered, elbowing the smaller girl. Before she lost balance, he reached for her shoulder and stabilized her. "You're embarrassing to be around."

The audacity.

"LIKE YOU CAN TALK!" (Name) faced him, shrugging his hand off like it was diseased. The vicinity collectively stepped back as she muttered choice words under her breath. "Fucking human firecracker."

"Wanna say that again?" He growled, lowering his gaze close to meet hers. She froze mid-sentence, eyes wide as a gentle pink rose to her face, settling on the apples of her cheeks. It was satisfying.