letter

"take my hand and rock it real slow. i wanna feel your love."

/(name) gets a phone call

"C'mon," Todoroki's back hit the floor of their training room, shoulder pinned as the girl on top of him continued her taunting."That all you got?"

(Name) grinned, stomaching the frightening chill of ice trailing up her forearms. The longer they sparred, the clearer it became — Todoroki relied on his quirk so much, his hand-to-hand abilities were mediocre in comparison. Unfortunately for him, that didn't go well in enclosed spaces.

The room spun around as he bucked his hips, turning the tables in an instant. In a gasp of air, he straddled her, right-hand inches from her face. Icy vapors kissed her skin in warning. Through the gaps between his fingers, cold turquoise and slate kept her stuck to the floor.

"Ok ok, you win." (Name) tapped out with a breathy laugh, wispy lashes fluttering like her heart as it recovered.

Todoroki collapsed beside her, sighing while he brought a towel to his forehead. "I don't know what it is, but you make me exhausted."

"You like it though." She hummed in a sing-song voice, eyes still trained on him as they lied together, charmed by the way his muscles tensed in a tank top. What a man.

"No, are you even listening to me?" He deadpanned as they locked eyes, no longer bothered by the proximity between their faces. He didn't miss how her eyes drank up his features.

"Yeah, that's why you pinned me down."

"You did it fir—" he began to sit up.

"I'm joking!" (Name) chuckled wholeheartedly, giving his shoulder a love tap. Sometimes she forgot people weren't as used to her teasing as Katsuki was. "Isn't training more fun with another person?"

He relaxed again, lowering to the floor as he rested his head on his arms. A small smile came over him. "I guess."

A soft knock had both of them sitting up within milliseconds. Todoroki shifted an arm's length away, just as the door slid open.

"Sorry to interrupt, there's a call for (Lastname) (Name)." An unknown woman stood at the entrance, grayed hair pulled into a bun. "It's from the hospital."

Whatever peace she felt in that moment blew out like a candle flame. Like she'd been drenched with ice water, (Name) swallowed back the instantaneous dread, and stumbled toward the phone. Todoroki watched the scene in confusion.

"H-hello this is (Name)," she spoke, nauseous with anxiety and the pounding in her chest. The way she could feel her pulse all over her body. Blood pounded against her eardrums, almost drowning out whatever they were saying over the line.

"There's been a complication regarding patient (Lastname) Aguri, and we request that all family members visit as soon as possible."

"M-my parents," she choked out, taken by fear of the possibilities. Too many thoughts mixed and melded into nothing, and all she could focus on were the regrets clutched deeply in her past. Please, let there be time.