009|

Alec

My fists clench, thinking back to what Jun had told me. It made my blood boil and my anger rise,

"She was taken 6 months after our parents death, trained to kill.  The fucking psycho who took her broke her down little by little and makes her kill people for money.  Didn't matter if they were innocent or guilty, it was determined by the price over their heads.

God...we were all surprised when she appeared at our door of what suppose to be MJ— their senior year, it was like she was thrown back into society, expecting to adjust, to be normal.....It was scary seeing her for the first time, she was so thin, pale, so....emotionless.  After that she stayed her distance, we were aware that they still called her for 'jobs' and till this day we don't know if......if she's still killing—"

I stare at her back, her shoulders were stiff.  Scared that at any moment she might snap.

"You're not a killer.." I assure, her grip on the dresser tightens; knuckles turning white.

"Yes I am, you don't need someone like me to ruin your life." She says, anger flares throughout my body.

"No you are not! You won't ruin my life, they made you a weapon and told you to find peace!" I exclaim,

"You are beautiful and intelligent, the world doesn't deserve you!" I plead, flaring my arms around.

"And please please PLEASE tell me why the fuck I can't like you?!" I yell, she wipes around and I take a step back in shock. Her face was all bruised, stitches by her hairline, busted lip.

"...Ji...." I stutter, she looks me dead in the eyes.

"You can't like me because one day someone out there is goin' to ask me to kill someone and frankly I don't know if I'd say yes or no!"

"I don't know if the killer in me can realized that I don't have to kill anymore to survive, to survive another day in this world."

"I can't look at you and tell you that maybe I can't feel the emotion you are feelin because I don't want to hurt you. I don't want you to get hurt because I can't love you back!" She cries, a tear running down her cheek. My heart aches from the sight of her crying, I step up to her and pull her into my chest, she hesitantly wraps her arms around my torso. She would let out little sniffs here and there but we stayed silent.

"I don't want to hurt you..." She repeats, I close my eyes and sigh,

"You won't...I promise...." I whisper, rubbing her back gently. Pulling out slightly to look at her face,

I swear once I find the person who did this to her I'm going to cut their balls off

"Who did this to you...?" I ask, softly cupping her face. She looks up to me, I caress her cheeks.

"No one." She mumbles, grabbing my wrists. I give her a small glare,

"Don't lie to me." I grit, she looks down. I lift her chin up, wanting to have all her attention.

"Derek...." She whispers, my jaw clenches.

"It this all they did to you?" I ask, demandingly. She steps back and slowly pulling up her shirt, her abdomen was black and blue; she most likely had broken or bruised ribs. She lets go of the hem of her shirt and it falls down, showing me her wrist; they were red like she was restrained.  I grab them gently and place a small kiss on both, there's a knock on the door. We both turn and Chris stands there,

"Mistress the doctor says it time for your medicine." Chris says, walking to the beside table and placing them down with a glass of water.

"Ok." She says, Chris nods and walks out; closing the door. Letting go of Jay, she walks over and swallows the pills in a quick motion. I get to see her body fully, she looks paler and skinner from before. Fists clench, Jay was already doesn't eat a lot and for whatever time she's been with them they didn't feed her. I take a deep breath, calming my nerves.

"How long were you.....?" I trail off, trying my best not to press to hard. Jay sits down on her bed and covers her lap, looking at me. I sigh, walking to her side of the bed and crouching down. Grabbing her hands gently,

"Why?" I ask, looking back at her.

"They wanted to know account numbers." She explains, I frown.

"Baby, you should've told them everything to prevent this." I say, glancing to the bruised face and stitches. She give me a soft small smile.

God that smile.....

She slides more into the covers her eyes fluttering closed, I stare at her sleeping face.  A feeling rises in me,

"Fuck." I mumble, standing up and kissing her forehead, I straighten and walk out her room quietly.  Inhaling and run my hands through my hair,

"Alec!" Miles shouts,

"Shut it, she's asleep inside." I growl, Miles runs up to me and bends slightly, bring his hands to his knees and taking a deep breath.

"Look." Miles hands me his phone,

CEO of Newman Co. has been seen around with the model Jessica Full, are they dating? Sources confirm that it may be something more....

The article read,

"Are you fucking serious!?" I mutter, walking away from the room.  Miles following close behind,

"Dylan is combing through the internet right now and taking down all the media." Miles explains,

"If Jay gets ahold of this, everything I said she...she won't believe!" I exclaim, pushing the phone into Miles chest and speeding down the stairs.

"It's ok Alec, breath. By the time Jay wakes up it'll be gone." He tries to comfort, I turn to him.

"You don't understand.....I can't live without her."

A/N: Thank you for 125 readers! I hope you enjoy the rest of the book when it's published! Had a good day/night!