010|

Ji

My eyes flutter open and I reach for my phone on the bedside table, it shines bright in the dark room.

03:03

I exhale.

Only two hours of sleep...

I sit up and scroll through my emails, wasting time before I had to get up.

A couple minutes past before I shut off my phone and walk into the walk in closet and grab out a pair of dark gray joggers and a maroon hoodie. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower,

"Is everything alright Mistress?" Chris raspy voice fills my ears, knocking on the bathroom door. When I don't answer he peaks inside, he still had his pajamas on.

"I didn't mean to wake you." I murmur, Chris smiles and nods.

"That's alright dear, I'll start on breakfast then." He says, his soft tone returning.

"No, I'm not hungry." Chris looks at me wary before nodding and closing the door. I strip out of my clothes and step into the shower.  The warm water gliding down my body, soothing the aching pain.  Funny part was my body didn't physically feel the pain, I was already numb.

You cried.....in front of him..

I had cried for the first time in years last night and in front of the person I didn't want to. Exhaling shakily, he's doing something dangerous.  He's breaking down my walls.

I step out of the bathroom, fully bathed and dressed. Walking out of my room and down to the library, it was the only section of the house that had floor to ceiling windows; it face the deep forest.

I grab the book on the coffee table and sit down on the couch. Flipping open the book and starting to read.

"Where is she?" I hear Alec's voice echo through the empty house,

"I haven't seen her since this morning but she's most likely in the library." Chris muffled voice answers, it went silent. Minutes later I hear the door creak open,

"Jay?" He calls, I hum in response. He walks over and looks down to me, I don't look up.  He sits down next to me and grabs my chin, he turns my head to him.

"Did you eat anything today?" He ask softly,

"I'm not hungry." I answer, looking at him.  The door bursts open,

"WELL TO BAD!" Miles yells, Theo walking in behind him with an apologetic smile.

"Didn't I tell you to wait until you guy's came in?" Alec snarls, sending them a sharp glare.

"Hey hey, down boy." Theo says, placing down the bags of food on the coffee table.  Alec rolls his eyes, letting go of my chin.

"Let's eat." Miles suggest, pulling out small containers.

"Um so— we wanted you to have a home cooked meal....so uh we tried to cook for you." Theo explains, gently handing me a containers.  Alec grabs it and opens it for me before handing it back, I close my book and set it on the table.

"I didn't expect you to be messy Jay." Miles comments, looking around the library. Papers and folders were everywhere, books laid on tables, shelves, floors, stairs. It was a never ending surrounding of old paper and dust.

"That's not a nice thing to say Miles." Theo whispers, nudging him.

"It alright." I utter, Theo picks up a black folder and goes to open it. Alec snatches it away from him,

"What are you doing?" Alec mumbles, closing the black folder and setting it down next to him.

"Hey, chill!" Theo says, they continue to bicker.  I bring my hand up to my head and rub it slightly,

"Dear?" Chris voice interrupts the three, I turn and look over to him.

"Sir Matthew is here." I feel Alec stiffen next to me,

"Let him in." I mutter, setting the food on the coffee table and closing it.  The library door opens again and I hear his shoes click against the woods,

"Shoes." I mention, he stops and looks down before taking his shoes off and handing them to Chris.

"Ji." This time Miles and Theo stiffen at the mention of my real name,

"I heard what happened and wanted to check if you were ok." He explains, sitting down on one of the couches across from me.

"Bull." I argue, he lets out a chuckle and looks at the guys that were sitting around me.

"Newman?  Wasn't aware you had relations with the mistress of Yoon." Matthew says, the room filled with tension.

"I keep my personal relationships away from the public." Alec answers, his hand moving closer to mine.  It goes silent.

Miles clears his throat and opens the container and hands me mine again,

"Eat Jay." Miles says, breaking the silence and giving me a small smile.  I hold the container and pick up the spoon, looking at the food wary.

"Still have the eating disorder?" Matthew ask, staring at me.  My grip tightens on the spoon,

"Hey, watch it." Theo scowls, putting food into his mouth.  Matthew put his hands up in surrender,

"Here." Miles mutters, pushing a container towards Matthew.  We sat in silence, eating the food. The tension increasing by the second, my phone rings interrupting the quietness.  I grab the phone on the side table and answer it,

"Corey." I answer, I hear bickering in the background.

"Chief!  Glad to hear you're ok!" He exclaims,

"Why did you call?" I ask, the bickering stops.

"So uhhh we found out something."

"So Alec's been seeing someone and we wanted to tell you so that you don't get hurt, we also double checked to make sure it was correct and it's is......" My jaw clenches and unclenches,

"Who?" I ask, I hear him sigh.

"Jessica—."

"Full." I finish, the guys snap their heads to me.

"Chief—" My eyes move to look into the thick forest, the darkness consuming the forest as it gets deeper.

"He's marrying her...."