013|

His love was forbidden
but he risked his life for it
because without it
He had not life
— Valorem

Ji

"Left right right down." I instruct, throwing some punches. He blocks most of them but misses a few, I stop and he groans.

"Why is it so hard to get this correct?!" He exclaims, taking off his wrap.

"You'll get it by the time of your next fight." Lance looks at me and falls back on the couch,

"I know but my stamina doesn't last long." He says, catching the water bottle I threw at him.

"Leg day then?" I suggest, his eyes widen.

"That's no—" Chris opens the door,

"Sir Jun and Newman are here." I see Lance roll his eyes at Alec's name,

"Send them in." I say, Chris nods and closes the door.

"That guy doesn't give up, does he?" Lance says, chugging his water.

"Hey, play nice." I say, hearing foot steps.

"I'm just saying, the guy must be desperate!" Lance says, raising his hands in surrender. I throw a towel at him when the door opens,

"How the hell does it not smell in here?" Jun asks,

"Aeration my dear brother." I answer, the coolness of the air conditioner hitting my back. Alec clears his throat and my attentions turns to him,

"What may I owe the pleasure?" I greet, a hint of sarcasm coming through.

"Jay....." He murmurs, Jun sighs.

"Alec needs you tomorrow to pry some words out of a 'victim' because he's going on a getaway with his....wife." Jun says, being cautious with the noun he was using. Lance scoffs,

"Lance.  Shower." I command, he stands up and walks into the connecting room, grumbling.

"And why would I do that?" I ask, leaning against a gym equipment.

"Jay, it's a really important to both of us." Alec says, I look at Jun and arch my brow.

"I just don't really like her." Jun confesses, I turn to Alec with narrow eyes.

"Jay please just do it, if not for him than me." Jun adds,

"Miles should be able to do it." I state, I had gave some pointers to Miles and he had been able to use them and says that 'they work wonders'.

"Jay just take the fucking job!" Alec demands, Jun stiffens. I send a glare to Alec and he flinches,

"Newman, you can't walk into my house and demand me to do somethin' and expect me to bloody do it just because you said so.  You have no control over my damn life." I grit, his fist clenches.

"Now if you'd excuse me, I have things to attend to and rather not have you in the way." I say, pushing past the two and out the gym.

"Dear?" Chris voice booms, I nod as he falls into step with me.

"I made dinner, your favorite." He says, following me up the stairs.

"Bring it up to my office and eat with Lance before you drop him off." I mutter, Chris nods and jogs down the stairs. I open my office door and walk in, it slams shut at the weight.

"Lawrence." I utter, walking past him.

"Wow Esme was right, you know everything." Sitting down in my chair and I pull out a stack of papers.

"Why are you here Lawrence?" I question, my hand bring itself to my temple.

"Grouchy..." He mumbles, I look up and give him a sharp look.  He sighs and sits down on the couches in front of my desk.

"Sorry, everything is just everywhere right now." He apologizes, I look back down at the papers.

"And Esme's and I's 6th month anniversary is coming up and I still don't know what to get her and my gang is slacking in training,"

"I also have to find my truck load of drugs." He adds, signing my name across the line and move it over to the side.

"Jay...what do I get Esme?" He asks, looking over at me.

"Get her a dog." Answering and moving another paper,

"Is that what she wants?" I nod,

"She talks about it all the time, her moms allergic so she didn't grow up with one."  He lets out a sigh of relief.

"Well that's one thing off the list..." He mumbles, theres a knock on the door and I look up. Lance peaks his head in,

"Chris is packing my dinner, I wanted to come up and say bye." Lance explains, I nod.

"Soooo tomorrow?" He asks,

"Legs and chest." I answer, he groans but nods and closes the door. Shawn lets out a short laugh and closes his eyes,

"I'm so tired." Shawn whispers, moving around on the couch so his head was laying on the arm rest. Chris walks in and places my dinner on my desk,

"Dear, sir Newman is still here, he says he's coming up soon." Chris says, keeping his voice down for Shawn.

"Tell him to wait outside of my office." I mumble, Chris nods and walks out.  I let out a breath, leaning back in my chair.  Shawn's soft snores filled the room, my hands holds my forehead.  Grabbing my phone as it dings,

Unknown
CMESSAGE 23:53
*document attached*

I place down my phone and stand up when a shadow covers the light from under my door.  I grab the blanket on the coffee table and unfold it and place it on Shawn's body before walking out of my office.  Coming face to face with him, alone. 

The door shuts softly and I lean against it.

It stays silent as we look at each other, like that would release the tension.

"....Jay.." He whispers, stepping closer to me.  I stare at him,

"Was anythin' you said....true...?" I ask, looking down.

"Of course!  Everything I said to you that night was only the truth!" He exclaims, I look up at him.  His jaw was clench and his eyes were wide,

"Why are you really....here?" I say, my voice soft.  I knew at any moment I would break and let out a dreadful sob.  My brain refuses but my body was sending me another message.

"Because.....I like you Ji Cho Yoon."