037|

Ji

And of the order of the jury, I now pronounce the defendant, guilty

My pupils dilate smaller as I walk down the prison hall, the time ticking.

"Ma'am." The guard greets before buzzing the door open, I walk in and stop.  Staring down at the man I've grown to despise.

"What the hell do you want?" He spits, I sit down, my glare set on him. The thought of a blade running across his neck making my lips twitch up slightly.

"If you're just going to sit there and not say—"

"Why?" I utter, his eyes widening in surprise.

"Because, Min-Jun is attractive AND rich." He smirks, my fists clench under the table.

"Plus..he was asking for it, wearing tight pants and a shirt—" I bang the table against his chest, he groans. Standing up and grabbing his collar, bring his ear up to my lips.

"Take the mask off when you speak to me, because I know behind that little smirks of yours, is just a scared, cowardly little boy with sexual pleasures. You're nothin' but a rapist and a boy that never grew up to be a man." I let go of the collar and he falls back into the chair. Sitting down and straightening my blazer.

"You don't scared me!" He claims,

"Hard to say when you're shakin." I comment, folding my hands onto the table gently.

"GUARD!" He yells, it goes silent.  The buzzer to the doors doesn't unlock, no shuffling, no footsteps, no jingle of keys, dead silence. 

His eyes meet mine and they display fear, utter fear.

"It takes a monster to kill a monster." I comment, standing up and heading for the door.

"Who's the monster?" He asks, the door buzzes and the guard opens it.

"Me."

I grab the door handle to my car, the sunset in the background.  I exhale and get in, starting the car and driving off.

The silence is slowly consumed by the voice of my AI.

Alec is calling......

I answer the call,

"Hello?" I hear a sigh relief from his end,

"Ji where are you?  I went to get you another cup of coffee and when I returned you were gone!" He exclaims, my grip tightens slightly on the steering wheel.

"I went out on a drive to clear my head." I explain,

"I didn't mean to worry you." I add, he chuckles softly.

"It's ok darling, are you on your way home now?" He asks, I make a turn and slowly drive up the mountain. Hesitanting before answering,

"I'll be out for a little while longer, don't wait up for me." I respond,

"Oh....ok." We exchange a goodbye before I park the car and get out.  Looking out to the sunset, outlining the city slowly. I seat myself on the hood of the car and my feet dangled off slightly.

The sun giving me a glow and shining against my pale skin, making me look more lively. It doesn't take long until I hears a car pull up behind mine, his foot steps were heard before the car drives out. He joined me on the hood and we sat in silence, not sure what or how to start a conversation with each other.

"Matrimony....." I whisper, he snaps his head towards me, wide eyed and mouth agape.  I turn to him slowly with a small smile,

"Alec, when do you want our weddin?" I ask, he smiles.  He scoots up and pulls me to be in between his legs, arms wrapped around my waist, chin on my shoulder.

"As soon as possible." He answers, kissing my jaw softly. I exhale and lean into his touch,

"Big or small?"

"As big as you want."

"Public or private?"

"Preferably public so I can show you off to the world but private is fine with me." He turns his head and stuffs it in my neck.

"Where?" He kisses my neck, trailing up and down.

"Wherever you want." I chuckle softly,

"Never knew you were this lenient." I say, his chest rumbles as he lets out a hearty laugh.

"Anything is fine with me as long as I have you by my side." He responds with ease, pulling me impossibly closer.

"You're so cheesy." I comment, holding his hands and looking out to now bright city.

"Only for you darling." The silence returns and my eyes slowly close, exhaustion taking the wheel.

"Dad. She's asleep, you can talk to her when she's awake." Alec's muffled voice makes my eyes slowly open and stretch my body.

"Dad— damn, old man hung up on me..." I sit up slowly, my phone starts ringing and I search around for it before finding it on the bedside table.

"Hello." I answer,

"Ahh Jay." I rub my face gently and look at the clock in the wall.

04:24

"Yes, how can I help you Mr. Newman." I respond, he chuckles.

"You don't have to be so formal sweetie, I am going to be your father in law soon." He says,

"Ah, yes sir." He chuckles again before sighing,

"I'd like to talk to you about a future investment, nothing specific but I just need your input before I go all in." I look over at the door as it opens and Alec smiles.

"Do you want to do it in person or over a video call?" I ask, moving to sit up straighter.  Alec's face contorts into a scowl before walking over to me.

"A video call is fine sweetie, how about—" Alec takes the phone from my hand.

"Dad please don't tell me you woke her up just to discuss business." He grumbles,

"Oi." I take the phone back,

"We can do it in a few minutes sir." I hang up and look up at Alec,

"Hey." His eyes flicker to mine before looking away, pouting. I grab his arm and pull him down, wrapping my arms around his torso.  He tries to avoid eye contact but huffs when he decides to keep his eyes on me.

you feel like...HOME