Summer Break

Hello! The guy who is wandering around in the woods mumbling gibberish and is surrounded by a blue aura is me, Dipper Pines. I assure you that there is a perfectly reasonable...well not so reasonable explanation for all of this.
It was the last week of school, and the only reason school exists right now is to sign yearbooks and talk about what you're doing during summer break. Right now I'm in English class, the empty seat right next to me is usually where Mabel sits. As Vice President of the freshman student council, she is excused from class to help plan the activities for the last day of school. How she got Vice President is still a mystery to me.
"Where are you going Dipper? Back to that looney town to find fairies and dragons?" Someone teased behind me.
The person behind me is Boston a freshman baseball player and probably the meanest and most popular guy in school. I was never really a popular kid. I'm more of the crazy nerdy person who believes in fairytales. Which is probably why I don't have that many friends in California. It's usually just Mabel and me, but since Mabel is in STUCO (student council) we haven't been able to hang out as much during school.
"Yeah! Well...at least I'm not repeating freshman year." I said nervously.
"Well..." Boston began.
"Attention class! Today this terrific Tuesday we will be a playing game!" Mr. Jones said.
The class groaned at the idea of playing one of Mr. Jones's games that usually consists of grammar or reading.
Mr. Jones ignored us, "Each of you, on a piece of paper, will write down what game you would like to play. Then you'll crumple it up and threw it into the empty basket, then I will pick whichever ever ones are in the basket, you only get one throw though so aim carefully." He stepped to the side.
Knowing that from the back of the class I wouldn't make the throw I just crumpled up a price of paper without writing anything down and half-heartedly threw it. Suddenly as the scrap piece of a crumpled paper began descending it sparked yellow and flew into the basket. The basket sparked yellow and returned to normal.
I glanced around the classroom to see if anyone else noticed it but everyone was just laughing or throwing their paper into the basket. I shook it off. I first assumed level 1 ghost but I already checked the school records of any deaths occurring here in which there was none.
"Is this a joke?" The teacher exclaimed.
I looked around seeing everyone's confused faces.
I noticed that he had opened every single paper even the ones that didn't make the basket.
"We'll try one more time but don't just write nothing down on your paper!" Exclaimed Mr. Jones.
Wait that glow...could that have changed all the papers to what I wrote down...nothing?
I wrote down the truth or dare on my paper this time. I placed it on the ground to see what should happen. Once I let go of the paper a yellow spark flew from my hand to the paper which flew into the basket. The basket blinked yellow again and stopped. I checked one more time to see if anyone had noticed. I saw a few people rub their eyes or blink repeatedly looking at the basket but shook it off and returned to their conversation.
This power...spark...magic came from me. I quickly grabbed my backpack and pulled out a red journal marked with a golden pine tree. This was a gift from Gruncle Ford. On Christmas, I was given copies of the three journals that Gruncle Ford wrote. He told me had memorized most of the information and copied it into these for me, he also gave me the one I was holding right now, a journal for my own discoveries.
I looked at the first few pages. There weren't any pages filled out yet due to the lack of abnormal creatures here since abnormal incidents occur mainly in Gravity Falls. Well on one page there was a map that filled half the page. This map was based on a cave we found hiking during spring break with our parents near Gravity Falls. We went there to see if Gruncle Stan or Gruncle Ford had come back from their trip. Soos told us that he hadn't heard from them but will tell us if they came back so we could ask if we could come over during the summer.
Back to what I said about the cave, we found it while exploring while our parents had a date night before we left Gravity Falls. In the cave, we found writings about this cycle. It said Mind, Chaos, Death, Rebirth. The map marked where to find other writing that explained their cycle and how to stop it.
I went to the next empty clean page.
"Truth or Dare it is! Keep it school appropriate and no complaints! All of the ones I opened so far said Truth or Dare so you can't say you guys didn't want to play it!" Mr. Jones explained.
"I'll go first!" Exclaimed Boston, "Truth or Dare Dip-Face?"
"How about neither?" I said.
"No complaints Mr. Pines!" Mr. Jones said.
"Fine...Truth." I said rolling my eyes.
"Why do you always wear that dumb hat around." He teased.
I sighed, this fur hat was Wendy's. I still wore it around because I miss her and Gravity Falls. I've grown quite a bit since last year and this lose hat now fits very well, and now that I think about it I'm probably only foot off of Wendy's height(So he is now about 5'1 and Wendy is 6'2).
"It's from a friend of mine in Gravity Falls, and I wear it a lot because it comfortable," I said.
"What friends? It's probably just a souvenir from your crazy great uncle store!" He teased.
Ignoring him I continued truth or dare to another girl in my class, she chose dare and is now telling a pickup line to the person next to her.
Knowing it wouldn't be called on anytime soon I wrote down what happened.
Abnormally 238: Me?
Today I somehow was able to make a piece of the paper shoot into a basket and change everyone else's paper in the classroom to what was written on mine. I did it subconsciously and I don't seem to have any control over it. I'll study it more when I return home.
-Dipper Pines
————————————————————————
Please vote, library, and share this with others!
(1048 words).