Scroll

Finally, after some scolding from my Grunkles, I was free to eat in peace. I took a bite of a grilled cheese sandwich. It tasted good but I wasn't hungry. After finishing I was finally asked the question of what happened.
"So what made you think it was okay to use magic?" Grunkle Ford asked.
"That's what the runes said. They said that to protect the solution only when the cycle starts again will the first clue appear. Only the one with the power will activate the way." I said already knowing I spoke it in gibberish.
Everyone looked at me in confusion.
"In other words to unlock the scroll I have to release my powers to prove the cycle started again and that we needed the scroll," I said.
"You could have told us first." Grunkle Stan said.
"Well I tried but I was struggling to repeat it in English," I said.
Suddenly the energy in the room escalated anger coming from Fodd.
"Well try harder!" Grunkle Ford. "You're just a child! You can't just do everything but yourself!."
Everyone in the room silent.
I stood up and walked outside.
I felt a spur of magic in me that appeared but vanished. I felt a weight in my pocket. The scroll.
I walked out looking for a private spot to read this.
————————————————
I ran upstairs to Dipper's and my room.
Grunkle Stan was following me while Soos went to follow Dipper while Grunkle Ford went downstairs.
I closed the door and later against the door hiding in my sweater. I looked at the hand-knit weaves I made. The sweater I wear now is shorter and I wear a tank top under them now.
"Mabel?" Grunkle Stan asked.
"Mabel is I sweater town," I said.
"Look, It wasn't right for Ford to yell at your brother like that." He said.
"I want to hear it from him. I'm sick of all of you guys fighting." I said.
"Look Ford and I are just trying to protect you guys..." He began.
"No, you listen!" I shouted. "Dipper is scared too. He's the one with the powers. He knows his capabilities and I trust him. I'm here to protect because that's what twins do."
I waited for a response. None came so I continued.
"If you want to protect us you have to first protect your closet family and right now that's Ford. I know you guys grew closer on your adventures but you have to keep being there for each other especially now." I finished.
Ford and Dipper are a lot alike. And when Dipper is upset he needs some help, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the same.
I heard Grunkle Stan footsteps and I knew I was alone.
After the emotional rollercoaster from today, I was too tired to wait for Dipper. I knew he would be back later tonight.
I snuggled with Waddles who was asleep on my bed and drifted away.
——————————————————-
I know Soos had been following me. I have been picking up my pace slowly so he doesn't become suspicious that I know he is.
"Bro? Can you hear me?" He shouted for the hundredth time.
I was thinking of places to go but the only places I could study was the bunker. Everyone knows about the bunker so there is only one place that the least amount of people know about.
I hid behind a tree suddenly and waited for Soos to pass. After a few minutes, he did. He continued forward.
I turned left for a while then continued forward.
I finally got to the clearing. I looked at the view of the two cliffs where the now hidden UFO is.
I waited until Soos's voice was far enough away till I entered.
I was about to climb down the ladder when I remember did my leg. It was healing very quickly but I still wasn't fully healed.
I floated down using magic, past the landing to the base floor.
I stopped feeling less tired then the last time I used my magic.
Using my flashlight I looked around for a place to study. I ended up finding some more of cubicles that they probably slept. I floated to the top one in the second row.
I opened the door surprised by the amount of room it had. It had a desk that could extend in front of you. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The lights weren't working and the emergency light was a lantern that had to be lit. I lit it with blue fire. I closed the cubical and took out my journal, the scroll, and some pens.
I had a black, red, and invisible ink pen.
I took out the scroll my black pen ready in hand.
I opened the scroll and it reached the circle. Not just any circle but the same circle that had 10 symbols representing people.
"So we just defeated him wrong?" I asked myself.
A closer look at it told me differently. Each picture had symbols across from them. The symbols only I can read.
All of them had names of monsters and objects. Some of them I knew like the hide-behind and the shapeshifter. Others I had never heard of like Morphics and Ice Dragons.
A closer look at the instructions showed that each piece needed to be held by the one who represents then burned by the one cursed.
I wrote it down in my notebook.
Pine Tree: Hide Behind Bark.
Shooting Star: Fragment of a falling star.
Fez: Max Score Medal
Six fingered hand: Shapeshifter hand
Question Mark: Unknown flesh
Ice: Ice Dragon scale
Llama: Morphics Fur
Pentagram: Voice of one who only speaks the truth
Glasses: Eyes of Terrolion
Heart: Ilerren Tears
All of these I wrote down in my notebook.
There were only a few inscriptions at the bottom I haven't read.
Only with the magic of the cursed and the energy of the holder will the thing beheld.
After writing the last of these notes I took out my invisible ink pen and wrote down the original inscription of each symbol.
————————————————————
Please vote, library, and share! (1012 words).😊