Shapeshifter 2

Out of the icy mist emerged the younger me. It grew then into me but missing the newest change of my skin.
Realizing this it began to change again. Before it got the chance my Grunkle was on top of it.
"Hurry kill it!" Shouted Stan who was wrestling the beast shape as himself.
"You weight on me is un-bare-ble!" Shouted the Stan who was under the other Stan.
Immediately Stanley went for the hand of Stan who didn't know the word.
Metal met flesh and a hand withered on the grown.
The hand shifted into its original form but it started to turn to the goo that seeped into the rock.
Panicking I sprinted forward to touch hand before it withered away.
"Grunkle Ford!" I shouted.
Ford looked my way, his eyes landed on hand bubbling into oblivion.
He rushed over to me.
I grabbed the remains of the hand and Ford took my other.
Fire shot from my hand to the remains of the hand. The fire shrunk the remainder of the hand into a small clear container.
I glanced at Ford, he took a knee. Sweat running down his face.
I felt the energy from him run through me into the spell but it stopped.
I noticed the hand now a small pendant with a chain just like mine.
"A little help!" Asked Grunkle Stan shouted.
I watched as the shapeshifter jumped at Stanley his hand now back.
Instinct took over as I felt my energy sent to the beast freezing him in the air.
Grunkle Stan opened his eyes feeling no impact of the beast.
I placed the beast back into the container.
"Shut it!" I said, taking a knee.
The door closed and I released it.
Ford and I sat down breathing heavily.
"You guys okay?" Asked Mabel.
"Yep! You okay Grunkle Stan?" I asked.
"A little scratched up but yeah," Stanley said.
I stood up and looked over at Ford who has been silent this whole time.
"You sure you're okay?" I asked.
"Sorry, I'm just shocked about how much energy that took, and it still draining me." He said.
"Yeah, you get used to it after a while," I said noting the small energy my pendant is taking.
"Here, if it's closer to you it won't be so draining I said passing the pendent to him.
He stood up and placed it around his neck.
He hid it under his shirt like I did mine.
"That's enough excitement for today let's go home," Mabel suggested.
"Yeah, but first let's go have some ice cream," Stanley suggested.
"Yeah!" Mabel and I shouted.
I looked down at my arm. The bricks up to my palm. I have to hide it first before I can go anywhere.
"Actually, I'm just going to go home I'm really exhausted..." I lied.
"Yeah, I'll go with Dipper," Ford said.
"I'll save you some ice cream." Mabel smiled, but not a true smile.
We exited out of the bunker ensuring the entrance was locked.
Together we walked to the Shack. The sun was setting leaving the world a warm orange. Birds were settling down as the evergreens stood quietly as we passed through its woods.
It was so peaceful this was probably my favorite part of adventures. Even if nothing was found there was always a peace about the last warm rays of the sun on your skin.
To soon we were back at Mystery Shack. We were greeted by Soos wearing an apron.
"Dudes I got dinner ready!" He smiled.
I was unsure of what his cooking skills were but as we walked into the kitchen the warm smell of lasagna filled up the room.
"Smells good!" I commented.
"Thanks, little dude." Soos smiled.
"I'm starving let's eat!" Mabel said already sitting down.
(Time Skip)
Still not very hungry I only ate just enough to not be suspicious. Now watching the waning moon as it was almost at its peak.
I snuck downstairs grabbing a slice of bread.
I floated myself to the roof feeling a little more bricks grow. Then I waited.
I listened to the quiet forest, sometimes interrupted by the shriek of an owl or chattering of a raccoon.
Soon the two birds from earlier appeared.
"You brought the dough?" The blue Jay asked.
I nodded and handed them some bread.
"Great, nowhere is the direction. On the cliffs that don't quite touch the Terrlion floats between them. From moonrise to moonset he will be there got it?" The robin asked.
"Yep, thanks for the information," I said.
"It's nothing just remember go alone and we didn't tell you anything." The blue Jay said.
"Promise," I said.
They said goodbye and flew off. But before they were out if ear I heard.
"Without the price, he won't get anything." The blue Jay said.
"A clear stone right?" Robin asked.
"Yep," the blue Jay answered and they were gone.
I stopped listening and I felt more growth of bricks on my shoulder.
Now, what to do. The sliver of the moon meant the new moon was near. So now what to make sure no one follows me I'll send everyone else to look for shooting stars. I can say I'm tired and got to bed. Sneak out and go to the Terrlion. No one would notice was gone but what about the carrier. I don't know what happens if you don't put on your monster chain right away. Well, the eye is for the glasses who are old McGrucket who lived in the mansion so I could get it to him quickly enough. Hopefully, he doesn't eat it or something.
I laugh out loud at the then catch myself. I look around seeing if I woke anyone. After a minute of not hearing anything, I conform no one heard me go back to room and sleep.