Rooftop

I couldn't sleep. I knew I needed to, my tired limbs told me to sleep, so did my heavy eyelids but I couldn't, something wouldn't let me.
I glanced over at Mabel. She was sleeping peacefully, Waddles snuggled up closer to her.
I laid down closing my eyes forcefully. I counted my breaths, in-out, in...out, in.....out.
I continued this for about another minute.
"Why can't I sleep!" I whispered to myself sitting up. My hands blazed with blue fire.
I quickly stopped trying not to wake up Mabel.
"What was that?" Mabel mumbled sleepily.
"Probably...just an animal outside." Pretending to act sleepy.
"Okay...." Mabel mumbled already asleep.
After a few minutes of waiting to make sure she actually was asleep. I snuck downstairs, which was really hard because of my broken leg.
Somehow I made it to the bottom of the stairs without waking anyone.
I was going to go the roof but a broken leg and ladder...that weren't going to happen again unless.
I focused on myself. Me and nothing else. I pictured myself floating. Only me, nothing else just me.
I felt my head bump the top of the trapdoor.
I looked around. I was the only thing floating.
Smiling I opened the trapped sort and floated to the roof.
I felt my energy draining. Trying not to panic I slowly removed the magic till I felt my good leg touch the roof.
I released the magic and was firmly on the roof.
I sat down on the cooler, taking out my journal.
As my power grows I have more control over my power. After teleporting to Gravity Falls this power is a little stronger and I am gaining some control over it. In a few hours my family, friends, and I will travel to the closet location of the caves, the one my sister and I found.
I looked closer at the map. The map had four caves to find but it was very confusing like it wasn't a map, I shook it off and focused on our plan. We had already found 1 cave but to get to other caves you have to explore the cave fully to ensure we didn't miss anything.
A quick glance at the sky told me that the sun would come out. The stars seemed dimmer and the black sky slightly bluer.
I thought of all the fun I had up here last year. Wendy showing us her hideout, when Stanley let us light fireworks. Yet this isn't the same wood I sat on from last year. I remember watching this part bring demolished when we had to fight Bill.
If this power I had was really Bill...I won't let him destroy the shack or hurt anyone else's again. After the shock of Stanley's memory being erased and Mabel being trapped...I still have nightmares.
"How did you even get up here?" Asked a voice familiar voice from behind.
I looked behind me to see Wendy.
"You also realize your hand is on fire right?" She asked.
I looked at my hand. A blue flam flickered around my hand.
I panicked but quickly controlled the fire letting it disappear.
"Sorry, It isn't like I have a lot of control over this," I explained as Wendy sat next to me on the cooler.
"It's so weird you know. Not just this whole magic thing but just seeing you like this." She explained.
"Like what?" I asked.
"All beat up like last year's incident, it's kinda scary." She said.
"Yeah, but that is in the past, and I'll make sure it won't happen again. I'll make sure of it." I said
"I'm sure of squirt. You have grown a lot since I first met you. I no longer see little kid with a crush on me...Do you still have a crush on me?" She asked.
"No...it's not like I don't think your pretty...wait I mean...I've gotten over it. We're still friends right?" I asked.
"Of course! Well, I'm going to bed...need help getting down?" She asked me.
"No...actually" I smirked.
I focused my magic around her and me and we floated down to the front of the mystery shack.
"So that is how you got up here." She laughed.
"Pretty much," I explained.
"Come on, we got some traveling to do tomorrow." She smiled, leading me in the house up the stairs.
We got to the top of the stairs.
"Night," I said.
"Good night." She said.
She was about to turn around when she stopped. She grabbed my hat.
"Hey!" I started but then she switched them.
I was back to having my old pine tree hat and her fur hat.
"We will switch at the end of the summer!" She smiled, walking down the hallway.
I got to my room and landed on my bed.
I stared at my old hat. I still think it weird that after losing it so much it still always turned up.
I really am happy to see Wendy again. I no longer have a crush on her but I'm just happy that we are still friends. In high school, I have seen what relationships have caused. Now that Wendy and I are just friends the awkwardness is gone and we are really going to have an amazing adventure...if we make it out alive.
——————————————————————-
Please vote share and library! (891 words) Sorry it is short)