Missing

"Wow, that was a lot of work," I said dusting glitter of my sweater.
Wait what am I doing I love glitter!
I looked around the empty parking lot of the high school. Sometimes Dipper would wait for me here so we could walk home together.
I'm not surprised he isn't here since it is almost dark.
We had some mixup with who was going to help with the stands tonight so it was only me and my friend Jacob, student activity leader for the sophomores.
All of the STUCO for each grade was helping make this summer carnival for the last day of school.
We weren't supposed to tell anyone but I've almost slipped a few times when I'm talking to Dipper but so far I've kept my lips shut.
I'm sure Dipper is suspicious with my new love for face painting, the stand I'll be running, but he hasn't said anything.
My parents didn't like me walking home alone this late but I always pack my grappling hook with me for protection.
Dipper even told me that if I decorated it will look more like a toy so I won't get in trouble for having it in my locker during school.
So now my grappling hook as a pink ring around the bottom and a sticker with my name on it. Don't want anyone stealing my stuff.
I looked around the front of the house. It was dark but I could see my bicycle toppled over and some of the flowers in the garden have been littered to the front lawn.
Waddles must have gotten out again. My parents were upset about Waddles at first but my parents grew attached to him and he is now allowed to sleep on my bed during the weekends.
Before going inside I checked the backyard to see if Waddles was still there.
"Waddles!?" I called.
I heard oinking as Waddles jumped into my arms. I snuggled him close.
"Awww who is a good pig! You are! You are!" I sweet-talked him.
I looked over to see his little outdoor house and to see the food bowl missing.
"Did Dipper forger to feed you again?" I asked.
He oinked telling me he did.
"Come on inside, I'm sure there is some food inside." I smiled.
I walked inside with Waddles following close behind.
"Dipper!" I called.
Strange all the lights were off downstairs. Usually, Dipper made himself some sort of dinner by now.
"Dipper!" I called again.
I walked upstairs to our room. The door is open and the lights are on.
Dipper must have fallen asleep looking through the journals again.
I snuck into our room quietly being careful not to be heard. This would be a perfect time to scare him.
I turned toward the open door.
"Boo..." I started.
The room was a disaster. Books and my toys scattered across the room. My bed was lying on its side and Dippers was upside down.
All three journals were scattered on the ground along with Dipper's hat.
He never goes anywhere without it.
"D-Dipper!" I called again.
Waddles sniffed around the room oinking occasionally.
Maybe there something in Dipper's Journal.
I looked through everything. Lifting dressers back up, looking through piles of books, and even looking through my stuff. Nothing.
"Think positive. Think positive." I mumbled to myself taking in shaky breaths.
Knock Knock
I froze. Was it Dipper? I began to run out of the room. Wait.
I need to be careful, what if the thing that took Dipper is back to take me.
I threw my backpack to the side and kept my grappling hook ready.
"Stay!" I whispered to Waddles.
He looked at me blankly snuggling with one of my plushies on the ground.
"Good boy," I whispered.
I looked around the corner of the top of the stairs.
"I'll open the door on three." A muffled voice said.
I heard someone put their hand on the handle.
I aimed my grappling hook towards where the door will be when it opens so I could try and tangle them up in the wire.
"One...two...THREE!" I heard it shout and watched the door open.
I shot my grappling my hook and ran down the stairs.
I threw my grappling hook like a boomerang to tangle up the person. I caught the grappling hook in my hand.
"Stop! What did you do to Dipper!" I shouted.
"Mabel?" A voice said.
I took a closer look at the people standing in the dark.
I turned on the lights.
Grunkle Ford stood in front of me and Grunkle Stan was wrapped in my grappling hook.
"Grunkle Stan? Grunkle Ford!" I smiled hugging Gruncle Ford.
"Sweetie, could you untie me?" Stan asked.
"Ohh sorry." I took the wire and unwrapped him and then pulled the hook out of the wall.
"Look how big you've gotten!" He smiled.
"Thanks!" I smiled in return.
"What did you say about Dipper?" Ford asked.
"Come with me," I said leading them upstairs to my room.
The room was still a disaster and Waddles was now asleep against the stuffed animal.
"What happened?" Asked Ford.
"I-I don't know. I just came home ten minutes ago and it was like this."
Stanford picked up journal 1 on the ground, a gift from Christmas.
"Is there anything missing?" Asked Stanford.
"No, only the journal you gave him," I answered picking up Dipper's fur hat.
"Does he wear that a lot?" Asked Stan.
"Yeah, every day. Never leaves home without it." I answered a few tears running down my face.
"Honey we'll find him. Don't worry I'm sure he's fine." Stan said giving me a hug.
I watched Grunkle Ford take out a laptop and started typing some stuff down. He then clicked enter and studied the screen.
"What are you doing?" I asked squeezing out of Grunkle Stan hug and looking at the screen.
"This is the ASL, this detects any abnormal energy surge this is why we came. And now that we're here it should...there!" Grunkle Ford exclaimed.
A beeping light pointed to a spot on the map.
"Get your stuff together Mabel." He answered.
"Why?" I asked.
"We're going to Gravity Falls."
———————————————————————-
Please vote, library, and share. 😊