The Job Search

Most of the applications Izuku filled out were submitted online, but he found a few that wanted him to drop them off in person, so that’s what he dedicated his saturday to doing. He was feeling pretty confident in himself. He’d filled out almost two dozen applications and the economy wasn’t bad due to All Might’s presence, so there was no way that he wouldn't be getting a job. He hadn’t even been all that tempted to log into his villain account since he decided to find other employment. He smiled as he walked in the door of the McDonald’s he was applying for and was promptly knocked down. 

"Deku!!" Uraraka was worried 'who would do that!!!' "that isn't manly!!!" Kirishima yelled "YEAH" the rest of the Bakusquad(expect Bakugo) yelled.

As the kids yelled in outrage the villains knew that something like this would happen. They know this part of society all too well.

"Why can't the kid catch a break" Aizawa groaned "right, every single turn he takes something bad happens to the little listener" Mic whined. All Might wondered how Izuku must have felt when he crushed his dreams. 'I'm so sorry my boy'

"He really needs to get that job" the Detective said. "I know, I heard what he said. He doesn't feel like he needs to be a villain if he has a job" Nezu drank his tea. "But life isn't easy, mostly for quirkless people, this can go wrong in so many ways."

“What are you doing here you useless Deku?” 

The Dekusquad didn't like how he said Izuku's name. They didn't like this kid at all. He isn't useless, Izuku will do more then that kid will ever do in 3 lives.

Izuku looked up to see one of Bakugo’s followers, the one who could stretch out his fingers. What was his name? Bakugo always just called him fingers. He caught sight of the crinkled application in Izuku’s hand and laughed.

"You know him Bakubro?" Kirishima asked. "Like the nerd said, he followed my around" Bakugo complained.

Dekusquad made a mental note to remember this guy to so they could talk...

“Oh you’re applying here too? Why would they hire a quirkless idiot like you when they could have someone normal like me who actually has a quirk?”

It's going to be a very long talk...

The villains heard those words many times before. Looks like the kid and them aren't that different. "He's definitely going to be a villain" Dabi stated. "Oh of course" "definitely".

"I'll be worried if he didn't with all the shit he been through" Shigaraki said.

Maybe because I have better grades and a better work ethic, not to mention a better record. I happen to know for a fact you’ve got a few marks on yours from getting into fights with kids from other schools. Izuku didn’t say that out loud. Instead… 

“Well, there’s no harm in trying…”

"Izuku needs to speak his mind, Kero" Tsuyu put her finger to the edge of her mouth. "He might get hurt if he does" Todoroki knows from experience that if you talk then there's a high chance that you will be punished for it.

The villains rolled their eyes at Izuku's thoughts. Society only cares about quirks. They won't care if a quirked person bullies a quirkless person. As long the person who is doing the bullying has a stronger quirk they won't do a thing.

Fingers just smirked. “We’ll see. May the best man win.” He brushed past Izuku, letting his knee hit Izuku’s head on his way out. Izuku scowled as he watched him leave, then took a deep breath and got up, brushing himself off. He unwrinkled his application as much as possible by rubbing it flat on the edge of one of the tables before heading toward the office to turn it in.