Seven

Once the two grown men picked themselves off the ground and pulled themselves together it was already time for me to go home. I finished up the legal forms, this time keeping the curtains open and it took FOREVER! 

This time I actually read through the documents to make sure they weren't tricking me into anything as well as reading through the documents I'd signed earlier the day. 

We finally met with a lawyer and had everything finalized and I was free to go. 

Just as I was about to leave 32 started banging on the windows again and whining. I hope this doesn't become a nightly occurrence... 

Everything in my body fought for me to stay and make him happy, to stop him from whining but I somehow managed to leave. 

This time instead of feeling better the further I got, I felt worse. He never left my thoughts, all I could think about was how he held me. 

**************************************

The next day when I arrived I couldn't help the intense excitement running through me. I was practically skipping down the halls to greet 32. 

When I stepped into the room Dr. Shawl gave me a large smile as always. 

"Hey Dr. Shawl" 

"Please, call me Rob." 

"Okay Rob, what's the plan today?" 

"Well," He started, his excitement building, "I wanted to see if you would be up to something different, potentially dangerous, a very big step."

"What is it?" I asked suspiciously, crossing my arms and noticing his nervous posture. 

"How would you feel about going into his cell today? I could give you a children's book and you could start teaching him our ways." 

I smiled, it wasn't nearly as bad as he made it out to be, I weirdly wasn't scared at all, a little nervous, but not scared at all. 

"Hell ya!" I said a little too eagerly. 

Rob quickly went over the safety measures and precautions, going through the basics. He handed me a book that showed farm animals, it even had those little patches of fur so you could feel the animals while you learn them. 

I nervously took the book and headed towards the door. 

I opened it, popping my head through to find 32 on the verge of punching out another window, fist raised as he looked at me with a guilty face like he was a 5 year old just caught staying up past his bedtime. 

"Don't you dare!" I said shaking my head as the door clicked closed behind me. 

He lowered his face, looking at me in confusion, nothing the book in my hand. 

"I was sent in here to teach you some English so we can communicate better, okay?" 

32 just stared back quizzically, still eyeing the book in my hands. 

I walked over to him, sitting on the ground against the padded walls patting the space next to me for him to sit in. 

We walked over to me as I settled in weirdly comfortably. 

Before I even knew what was happening 32 had scooped me up and sat down with me on his lap. 

I gasped and gave him a disapproving look while trying to scooch off his lap but he held me stubbornly in place. 

"32! Let me down!" I said annoyed which just made him smile, his grip around my waist not moving an inch. 

I huffed out a breath of frustration, realizing there was no way I was going to get out anytime soon.