Fourteen

I woke up with the sun to the sound of the birds. I smiled, stretching out a little before standing up and walking over to the window. I always thought it was so beautiful in the morning. There is a light amount of sun and everything is just waking up, ready to start their day, refreshed. 

I sighed in happiness before I heard the door click, signaling someone came in. I turned around with a huge smile on my face to reveal the little dress maker carrying a couple dresses in her arms. 

"Kiara!" I exclaimed walking over to her. 

She bowed and I instantly gave her a disproving look.

"No bowing to me Kiara." I said sternly and she just nodded, walking further into my room. 

"How did you sleep?" I asked, as she set down what she was holding. 

"I slept great, thank you. So, I brought a couple dresses I already had that should fit you until your custom clothes are ready. Want to try them on? I can do some quick fixes if it needs them." 

I smiled then followed her instructions, slipping on a very simple and comfortable but pretty little white dress that fell a little above my knees. 

I twirled around, giggling a little at it. 

"It'd beautiful Kiara thank you!" I exclaimed to which she gave me a big smile. 

"It fits you perfectly, the other should fit the same so you shouldn't have to try it on. I'll have your other dresses done soon." 

"Okay, no rush!" I assured her, still admiring the dress. You could tell that she was really good at what she did. The dress was flattering in all the right ways, perfectly made for comfort and beauty. 

"I need to get going, like I said I'm very busy." 

I pouted but nodded my head. 

"Okay, come back anytime!" I called after her as she scurried out of my room. Ever since hearing I was King's mate she changed, she always seemed tense and guilty. I didn't get it but I'm sure it had the same reason I wasn't staying in the same room as King, even though we're mates. 

I'm going to figure this out. I give myself a week and I'll know what I need to know, that is if no one just cuts the lying and tells me. 

I sprouted more flowers throughout my room, getting more and more bored. I jumped on the bed for a little to try and get my energy out but I felt like I was going crazy. If it weren't for Rob promising to bring me out today I'd jump out the window. Even if I broke a few bones at least I'd be out. 

I heard a knock at the door and quickly ran towards it. Someone wearing a server's uniform walked in carrying a tray. I was a little disappointed it wasn't Rob but at least I wasn't alone anymore. 

"Hi! I'm Opal!" I greeted happily. The server bowed deeply to which I groaned in annoyance. 

"Please don't bow to me, and look me in the eye. No one' around and I prefer it."

The waiter stood shocked for a second before hesitantly looking up at me. I nodded in satisfaction. 

"Good, now what's your name?" 

"Mateo, my lady." He answered, blushing bright red. He was honestly adorable. I let the my lady thing slip this time but I definitely didn't like it. 

"Well Mateo, how can I help you?" 

"I brought you breakfast." He said, extending the plate towards me a little before placing it on the table and setting it up. 

He seemed younger, probably around my age with bright red hair. He seemed a little shy, but very sweet. 

"Thank you so much! How has your day been?"