Prologue

Violet Hayes got married in the autumn of 1966.

Draped in spare linen and a lavender crown weaved by her young hands placed atop unruly curls, her feet carried her through the hedges. Seemingly endless flower beds emitted an array of scents and a kaleidoscope of hues, from terracotta red dahlia's to pale peonies and sweet peas as Violet ran with an air of grace, unusual for a five year old such as herself.

Upon reaching the large oak with knots Violet knew held tiny letters they had scribbled in hopes of appeasing the fairies, there stood the dark haired boy with eyes of honey she had known since the very day she was brought into the world. The six year old boy in hind side looked absurd with a black ribbon tied around his neck in an attempt to replicate a muggle bow tie, but none the less the pair held hands as they had seen in High Society when staying the night at the muggle boys down the lane when spying on his mother and sister in the drawing room.

The pair pressed their lips against each other in a chaste kiss before immediately pulling apart wiping their mouths on the back of their hands and screwing their faces up in disgust, but giggled none the less and proceeded to clamber atop the roots, small hands grasping desperately at the lower branches in an attempt to climb the old tree. Their tree. After arguing about how many "kids" they were going to have (James demanded six so he could have a whole quidditch team including himself) now that they were married and sharing meaningless stories for hours, Violet heard the sound of ripping fabric. She shared a look with the Potter boy across from her, said boy cracking a signature lopsided grin.

"James it's not funny, mum is going to kill me" the girl exclaimed, fretting as she inspected the rather large tear in the cotton sheet.

"Cheer up Sunny, there's no way she'll even notice if you put it back".

Shoving him slightly (as to not push him out of the tree no matter how tempting) at the silly nickname, Violet let herself down until her feet were firmly planted on the dewy grass.

"I better go now then while mum's making dinner, she'll notice otherwise".

James was right. Violets mother would not notice the rip in the fabric, nor would she notice anything in the Hayes manor again. For when Violet returned home, the only other person in the house was her father who sat at the kitchen table muffling sobs that wracked his body. 

A.N : Hey Guys :)) This is my first fanfiction ever so bare with me as I navigate through it. I'm going to brush over a fair amount of canon things which I know I know are very important to the story such as them becoming animagus, but I really want the focus of this story to be the love story between Remus and Violet 

Thank you so much for reading!!